layout now

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Graymee

Re: layout now

Postby Graymee » Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Black-Marlin wrote:Also, landlords suck

Clearly not on this occasion! :D

Bad luck with that mate but sounds like you want to stick with that landlord, If he's gonna give you an old fashioned trainset for damaging your new one, maybe you should try and tamper with the springs on your garage door? If the door dents the bonnet of your new "ford Focus" maybe he'll have an old fashioned "austin 7" to give you as compensation??? :D

Good luck with the rebuild, keep us posted!

Cheers

Graeme
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
My layout thread:-
Loxley Lane
I started another thread for trackplanning, if anyone is interested
My trackplan thread

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 pm

theres the dream m8 lol
Oh well we all make mistakes as the hedge hog said to the hair brush

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Fri May 22, 2009 6:41 am

Black-Marlin wrote:
itsmee13 wrote:we had a disaster with tha layout dam roof leeked and sealing collapsed on the set not very chuffed with our landlord at the moment, so you might not see much done for a while :(

Aargh! Ye gods how aggravating! Have a pint on me. How much damage has been done to the layout? At least it happened now - if, by some miracle, you had hurtled to the scenery-creating bit, the damage and expense would have been a whole lot worse. When this gets sorted you'll know the roof is sound and you can proceed quite happily. So, shame that it happened, but at least it happened now and you won't have to worry about it again.

Also, landlords suck :evil:

Cheers,
Gavin

Must have had woodlice in the ceiling :lol: or could have been a rotton ceiling (and an old roof)

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

well its been abit mad round hear as you can amagine, Im very amazed how fast these guys are doing the work, have got roof striped they worked there socks off all over bank holiday sunday included, its a mess in there one rotted beam caused the whole mess, and I recon the rate these guys work it will be done bar plastering friday, one has a wager with one of the guys (just a bit of fun) I said they wount be done buy friday at 4.00, I got a feeling I might loose this one, :wink: but I dont mind (hes a bloody good worker as are they all would recomend them infact Im going to menton them Turners maintence survices, they diserve a living sorry this has gone off topic but it will all tye in

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Tue May 26, 2009 8:03 pm

hobby boy wrote:
Black-Marlin wrote:
itsmee13 wrote:we had a disaster with tha layout dam roof leeked and sealing collapsed on the set not very chuffed with our landlord at the moment, so you might not see much done for a while :(

Aargh! Ye gods how aggravating! Have a pint on me. How much damage has been done to the layout? At least it happened now - if, by some miracle, you had hurtled to the scenery-creating bit, the damage and expense would have been a whole lot worse. When this gets sorted you'll know the roof is sound and you can proceed quite happily. So, shame that it happened, but at least it happened now and you won't have to worry about it again.

Also, landlords suck :evil:

Cheers,
Gavin

Must have had woodlice in the ceiling :lol: or could have been a rotton ceiling (and an old roof)

Hobby Boy
itsmee13 wrote:well its been abit mad round hear as you can amagine, Im very amazed how fast these guys are doing the work, have got roof striped they worked there socks off all over bank holiday sunday included, its a mess in there one rotted beam caused the whole mess, and I recon the rate these guys work it will be done bar plastering friday, one has a wager with one of the guys (just a bit of fun) I said they wount be done buy friday at 4.00, I got a feeling I might loose this one, :wink: but I dont mind (hes a bloody good worker as are they all would recomend them infact Im going to menton them Turners maintence survices, they diserve a living sorry this has gone off topic but it will all tye in

i knew that the ceiling was rotton!
Lets hope that the layout is ok (that is all the track, baseboard and .................... EVERYTHING that was there!!).

Hobby Boy
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm

I believe the house is of more importance, I think :lol:

Good to hear its getting repaired anyway!

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm

well you no you have to have a roof on the house to hold the water out ,I know I said i wanted to do a canal I did not litterly mean that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ste234

Postby ste234 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

itsmee13 wrote:well you no you have to have a roof on the house to hold the water out ,I know I said i wanted to do a canal I did not litterly mean that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should have dug a trench in the boards where the canal was to go, and sealed it, you'd be sorted then :lol:
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:40 pm

true might save me some money on my fishing too :lol:

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Well what can I say, I lost my bet big time :D :D as they have also plastered the ceiling now just finished cleaning up and the landlord as good as his word all wood dilivered to the door 2x 8x4 sheets of 10mm marine ply also 2x2 and 1x2 with track pins and a tub of ballast and he wants to come over tommorow and help put it together, wow I nearly passed out with shock , johnathan is a dam good property maninager, more of a friend, so now I can get on with my ammerican theme, as Ive got two lovley old disel locos to start off and some roling stock to, ( he admited to me he wants to build one of his own) any how Ive planed this out so far

1) first track large oval with siding
2)track large oval with two sidings and a tunnel
bridge over quarrie road
timber yard or paper mill
forested airas with men on chainsaws
trucks and hallers, cable car from upper level
log cabbins, small vilage
teligraph poles, rock faces
3) upperleval track at later date but want to do this n guage to give the apperience of narrow guage

Brianetta

Postby Brianetta » Sat May 30, 2009 12:36 am

itsmee13 wrote:( he admited to me he wants to build one of his own)

And he gets to practice on yours! (:

Seriously, not many landlords wind up being that cool.

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

wel the progress we made is very swift and you will be sipprised, now all beening done by me , got the baise board all done and i pined all track down and started opn scenery
phpz7VtIxAM.jpg
phpz7VtIxAM.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
phpz7VtIxAM.jpg
phpMMFsIaAM.jpg
phpMMFsIaAM.jpg (35.06 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
phpz7VtIxAM.jpg
, I made the trees from bits of an old christmass tree, and the sand was builders sand sprayed with watered down pva, and the grass same method but used woodland sceen mixed with bits of lichine to look like scrub, all the card houses were free
Attachments
phprgWjxiAM.jpg
phprgWjxiAM.jpg (30.55 KiB) Viewed 1335 times

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

itsmee13 wrote:wel the progress we made is very swift and you will be sipprised, now all beening done by me , got the baise board all done and i pined all track down and started opn scenery
, I made the trees from bits of an old christmass tree, and the sand was builders sand sprayed with watered down pva, and the grass same method but used woodland sceen mixed with bits of lichine to look like scrub, all the card houses were free

Wow you have been busy!
And even your landlord wants to help, no wander that's all been done.
I bet he'll start his layout as soon this one is finished.

Hobby Boy

itsmee13

Postby itsmee13 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 pm

hes ordered his board and got a plan hes a tart, I told him so hes doing a alpine electric railway sceen I beleive hes basing his on the swiss railway but I cant for the life of me remember what its called, some of those locos are megga bucks but look so good this is a photo of my santa fe
phpfGVSdCAM.jpg
phpfGVSdCAM.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
and my little experriment
phplvwJEvAM.jpg
phplvwJEvAM.jpg (38.2 KiB) Viewed 1212 times

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 pm

itsmee13 wrote:hes ordered his board and got a plan hes a tart, I told him so hes doing a alpine electric railway sceen I beleive hes basing his on the swiss railway but I cant for the life of me remember what its called, some of those locos are megga bucks but look so good this is a photo of my santa fe
phpfGVSdCAM.jpg
and my little experriment
phplvwJEvAM.jpg

well i guess your landlord is adictictive...............................TO TRAINS that is.
does your little experiment include backscenes, polystyrene and scatter?

Hobby Boy

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”