Marks Large Attic Conversion Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mycerbera

Re: Marks Large Attic Conversion Layout

Postby mycerbera » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:51 am

Not selling "all" of it :wink: just slimming down the whole collection over the next few months to fund my other passion :D

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 am

Right people, here is a sneak preview of what i'm listing on eBay tonight... Various Diesel & Steam Locos this week plus a few rare items (APT) & some 1:72 scale Aircraft etc 8)
For full listing see here http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmycerbera (after 9pm tonight)
Happy Bidding :wink:
Last edited by mycerbera on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:03 pm

trainsandco wrote:I think its fair to say that you have alot to sell!!

You have no idea lol, not even sold half my loco stock yet!

And the reason for all this selling is to fund one of these below :wink:

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Right people, here is a sneak preview of what i'm listing on eBay tonight... a few Diesel Locos this week plus lots of Coaches & Wagons & a 38 hour long Train DVD 8)
For full listing see here http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmycerbera (after 9pm tonight)
Last edited by mycerbera on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:52 am

Yes i know i've been doing a lot of selling recently, but a have bought the odd few things :wink:

Weathered Class 59 Yeoman

& a lovely built Lockheed Hercules for the RAF base (just like the ones that fly low over our house!)

Last edited by mycerbera on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:13 pm

I flew on one of those Hercules when I went to a camp at RAF Lynham, even got to stand on the flight deck as we were landing (the pilots were doing landing and taking off practice, for 2 hours!).

That Bachmann DMU looks good to!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Right people, here is a sneak preview of what i'm listing on eBay tonight... a few buildings plus railway related books this week & lots of other non railway related items
Last edited by mycerbera on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:35 am

Right people, here is a sneak preview of what i'm listing on eBay tonight... Mainly buildings (some rare) plus some railway related books this week & a few other non railway related items
For full listing see here http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmycerbera (after 8pm tonight)
Last edited by mycerbera on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:20 pm

So... as for progress on the layout itself... err none at the mo, other parts of my life too busy... but the long term plan is still as before...

Next job really is to take all the track up and remove everything from the base boards (slowly started this & selling stuff as i go not now requierd for my future plans), extend the existing boards where required and then it will be ready for the new 3 era track plan (yet to be finalised on paper, but well on it's way in my head!)

Basics of the plan will be overall size 16" wide by about 23" long with base boards varying from 2" - 4"7 wide around the loft.

Will then be split into 3 Eras:

Steam / BR Black / GWR (30's-60's)
BR Green / Maroon (40's-60's)
BR Blue / Swallow / Railfreight (60's-90's)

Each Section will then have relevant period buildings, features and road vehicles, that will then blend gradually into the next Era

I know what i what to achieve in my mind, just got to get it on paper before starting on the track dismantling etc!

Hence the baseboards have not been painted and other scenery has not been put in place, track ballasted/weathered, hills mades etc etc

So No, it's not finished, currently it's just a collection of all my items layed out on display so i can see what I've got, it's not gona stay how it is or where it is now, and it WILL be a "realistic model layout" when it's finally complete, what's the hurry, this hobby is gona last me a lifetime and I'm only 30ish, so plenty of time to collect all the parts i want first before making it less like a "trainset" & more like a "realistic model railway layout"

So the new baseboards are the only thing I've really managed to do in the last two years (see link below for pic)

http://www.railwaypictures.co.uk/img3163.htm

And all photos of my layout can be seen here http://www.railwaypictures.co.uk/search.htm?search_user=mycerbera

Oh and i bought a nicely built Bus/Coach depot building the other day too :D

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Hello Mark,
These Lay-out proposals sound very interesting - a bit like one of those Railway Films travelling back-wards and forwards through time. If you finish-up with any, surplus to requirement, GWR/Southern/LSWR, items please advise. Looking forward to more on this new Lay-out,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Update:

Been busy setting up my business recently http://www.evo-motors.co.uk, so no time for model railways at the mo :(

ImageImage

However i could do with some more funds for the business, so the good news for you lot is when i get a chance i'll do some more sorting & let you know what's up for sale :wink:

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:59 pm

mycerbera wrote:
ImageImage

Where was that picture taken?
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Took that photo on one of the many amazing roads i found up in the Black Mountains in North Wales :D Driving Heaven! (even in the wet)

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:15 pm

mycerbera wrote:Took that photo on one of the many amazing roads i found up in the Black Mountains in North Wales :D Driving Heaven! (even in the wet)

I was gonna say it looked like the black mountains, but the black mountains are in south wales, inbetween Pontardawe and Llandovery is one of the best sections.
I don't know how familiar you are with the Welsh roads, but some I can recommend are the road from Aberystwyth to Devils Bridge, it's great! (Especcially in an Alfa Romeo Spider!) The A44 from Aberystwyth to llangurig is quite good too, but a bit busy to have real fun. The A487 from Machynlleth up through Corris (don't look at the trains!cause there are many bends!) to Dolgellau is great too, also I recommend the Llanberis Pass, it's short but fun.
My favorite though, just for sheer amazment that such a road exists is the unclassified road from Beulah (8 miles west of Builth Wells) through Abergwesyn and then up over the Cambrians to Tregaron, though I wouldn't take a Porsche along there unless it's has a lot of ground clearance, made it fine in an alfa Spider but it's better it something with softer suspension. :D
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

North Wales :wink: South Wales, we drove it all, i can't remember which part it was exactly in that photo, was one heck of a roadtrip packed into two days, so many great roads round Snowdonia too 8) but i think my fave road was the A4069!
Clarkson drove the Merc CLK Black there too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EIdAb16Pdg AWESOME!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”