Marks Large Attic Conversion Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Class 66

Re: Marks Large Attic Conversion Layout

Postby Class 66 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 am

mycerbera wrote:
Class 66 wrote:Dare I ask it, what is your job Mark ?

:roll: I don't see what relevance this is to anything or anyone on here... but i have nothing to hide.. I'm a Test Engineer for a company that designs websites and also buy and sell cars.

What sort of things does that involve. Is it just a case of seeing if websites work ? I'm curious :) Sorry if I'm dragging you off topic :D

Also your thread, post what you like.

Big Al

Postby Big Al » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:50 am

The good thing about any forum is the variety of approaches and ideas. Every body does things in a different way and its a good job too or the forum would be boring and all much the same.

No one should get too upset of effected by an other peoples opinions because just like threads or layouts different people have different methods of approach.

It would be good if everyone could move on, besides it's Christmas and time to go 'ON THE LASH' Ha Ha!

Keep up the posts Mark cause it all helps to build a good forum.

Cheers Alan
See my thread on personal layouts "It's a holiday park with no name"
New name for layout now found. Chufferlands Holiday Park.

DB

Postby DB » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 pm

mycerbera wrote:
Some people just have too much time on their hands, I give up trying to please people on here... :(

Unfortunatly this is the downside of the internet.

But although people may not often reply, lots view the posts, so please carry on, I enjoy watching large layouts in progress :)

alanr

Postby alanr » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:22 pm

mycerbera wrote:
Class 66 wrote:Dare I ask it, what is your job Mark ?

:roll: I don't see what relevance this is to anything or anyone on here... but i have nothing to hide.. I'm a Test Engineer for a company that designs websites and also buy and sell cars.

Some people just have too much time on their hands, I give up trying to please people on here... :( this thread was just a record for me of all i have done and bought for my layout, with two kids under two i have no time to build the layout at the mo and so getting things for it is all i can do at present...... I don't know how old certain people are on here but they obviously have no idea how much time kids take up and that you just do not get time to yourself to do the things you want to do!!!!

I shant bother posting any more about the things i buy as it obviously offends people on here :shock: (or they are just jealous) and being as i can't get the time to further build my layout at the mo i guess you won't be hearing as much from me until the kids are older and i get my own time back... which i'm sure will please some poeple!

To all the people who understand the pressures of fatherhood and have supported me and given constructive comments over the last few years i'd like to say a big thanks and also the friends i've made on here (you know who you are) :wink:

Comments such as these are extremely valuable
Lewis Nash wrote:hi mark

nice to see the new weathered stock you have there,also i noticed on older posts you have used hornby points,i used these in the past and there a nightmare! :lol: ,there no good with bachmann locos which are larger than 0-6-0s they derail locos and derail some rolling sotck.If i was you i would buy some nice large or medium radius peco streamline points as then your locomotive fleet which you are building up will be able to crossover fine and also it looks more prototypical.thought i would mention this before you start construction so you dont go through the trouble i have had! :wink:

Regards Lewis :)

So i guess some Peco Points will be my next purchase!! (not that i shall mention it on here of course!!!) :roll:

If you look back over my thread you will see how the layout progressed in the early days pre children and i hope to get as productive again ASAP!

I'll be carrying on sorting through my stuff as i get on with the layout so will let you know for those interested when i put anything on eBay.

Happy Christmas everyone and may the new year bring brighter days :D

Mark please ignore some of these posts. I can truly understand what you say about the pressures of fatherhood i have a 6 week old, 16 month old and 3 yr old, my layout has had zero input from me in the past 18 months due to the children and losing my job. I rarely have time to come on here nowadays and when i do this thread and a few others are the ones are like to browse through as it does give me inspiration and i like to see how people are getting on.

One thing which has set this site apart from others is the friendliness and respect members show each other on here, there have been a few 'hiccups' but please ignore the posts and keep up the good work.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks for all your positive comments chaps and chapesses :D

Lewis Nash

Postby Lewis Nash » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:50 pm

i was just telling mark so he didnt have to rip them up and relay points after realising there no good!,quite a good tip,not for ignoring :roll: .
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Well as always i had no time to do anything to my layout over the Christmas hols as too busy playing with the kids new toys, visiting family etc

But it didn't stop me buying things with my Christmas money :wink:

A floating coal platform with tug boat and Mercedes hot air balloon
to go with the Mercedes Garage showroom
A set of Weathered HSTs in BR Blue from the famous WIBDENSHAW http://www.kierhardy.co.uk/modelpageindex.html layout

A Weathered BR Green DMU

and finally a limited edition Weathered Class 37 in BR Blue from Rails of sheffield

Not a bad Christmas really :D
Last edited by mycerbera on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trains!

Postby trains! » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Love the crimbo pressies :D . You did better than me at crimbo! I barely got £150 worth of stuff! I look at you and feel embarassed! :lol: And the worst bit is I'm a child! I thought children got more than adults at crimbo :D .The true meaning of crimbo has been broken :cry: ... Just kidding.
Jake
Modelling Jakey's Junction!....
See here for my plan:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19546

Part of NRM'S officail freight masters
dudes club :cool:

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:30 pm

I barely got £150 worth of stuff!

What????Luxury. Listen, when I was a lad ................blah blah! :D
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

bsa77

Postby bsa77 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:55 pm

trains! wrote: I thought children got more than adults at crimbo :D

Nope, it works like this when you become a "grown-up" ( I refuse to use the word adult, but grown up implies taller with more money!!):

Decide how many people you need to buy for and set aside £10 for yourself as a reward getting so far, so for me:

Mum, Stepdad, Dad, Stepmum, Wife, 3 brothers, M-in-L, F-in-L & F-in-l's wife, Grandparents (joint present only counts as 1) = 12 people so £120 for me to spend on myself.

Then,
Buy relevant presents, allocating 5p per £1 for others, so for example, spend on wife - £250 therefore for me I get £12.50 - total bill on presents was about £600 so £30 to my "well done fund"

Well done fund = £150 so far.

Decide I need a £50 reward for not having to buy anything on Christmas Eve - fund now equals £200.00.

So even if I didn't get a single present from anyone, I have a £200 reward for my railway!!!

My Wife says I'm a tad complicated!

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 am

At last... someone who has my logical way of thinking lol :wink:

Thunderbird

Postby Thunderbird » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 pm

I love the picture with the 2 HST's, i had to look at it twice just to make sure it wasn't the real thing! Your ballast work is superb. well done.
Manager of the Famous under-achieving Lawton Rovers (NRM xperteleven div2)

Plans are now afoot for the 2nd relocation and resumtion for my N gauge layout Lawton Road..

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:57 pm

:oops: If only it was my ballast work and on my layout... Hope to make mine look like that someday that photo is from when the HSTs were on WIBDENSHAW layout http://www.kierhardy.co.uk/modelpageindex.html , but alas the only thing in that photo that belongs to me now is the HST itself... Sigh :roll:

outcastjack

Postby outcastjack » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm

that photo of the HSTs was stunning your ballasting is brilliant. :D
nice loft also,
mine is 4 foot tall at the ridge :(
Above all its a Rover.

http://www.pendonmuseum.com
or visit my layout.
or my other models.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”