Andrew's garage layout - Hookstoke Junction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Black-Marlin

Re: Andrew's garage layout - Hookstoke Junction

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 pm

hobby boy wrote:I'm not sure what i'll be doing next

Hi Andrew

Have you considered making a start on the ballasting between the running lines? I know you have the track up on foam, and that you may well have other point motors to fit/replace, but presumably there are places (such as between the tracks in the 3rd and 4th pics you posted) where you could start laying down some? Obviously you'd want a darker colour, maybe brown or dark grey, but it ought to look very effective when done.

Regards,
Gavin

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

hi gavin
Yeah that is a good idea. All the future point motors i'll be installing will be peco surface mounted point motors as they work well.
I have already got some medium dark brown ballast that i got a few months back so i will do some ballasting once i've finished painting.

Andrew
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:16 am

UPDATE TIME!!!!
Painting of the road has now started and the scatter is ready to go down. I'll put pictures up once more work is done (hopefully soon)

Andrew
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”