Hamsend. the end. or is it the begenning?

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Infrontcat

Re: End of the line. new pics!

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Hammy

I am greatly impressed with the way this has come on. You have clearly worked out how to make the most of very limited space to great effect. The buildings look terrific now that they've got prototypical-looking coverings and I look forward to seeing it come on some more

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Looking good Hammy.
The more I see these smaller layouts the more I wish I had done one .... DOH!!! :?

Dave

Hammy

Re: End of the line.

Postby Hammy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 am

hi,

ive pretty much finished 3 half relief buildings, just gotta throw a bit of paint at them, then windows to go in the road warehouse at the back (which ive fitted some lights in).

ive also 'concreted' the roads at the front and rear and also had a go at weathering some wagons, i dont think they look that bad for a first attempt!

let me know of any comments/ critisisms.

Hammy

sapper_k

Postby sapper_k » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 am

the buildings look really good however just a bit clean
the weathering on the wagons is great, if you did it the just apply a bit of the same to the buildings to "dirty them up" then i think it will give it a more "realism" feeling

jolly good show

keep up the good work

kye
CONGRESS CAN MAKE GENERALS....ONLY COMMUNICATIONS CAN MAKE A COMMANDER

ste234

Postby ste234 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Looks great Hammy! :D in that last piccy on 1st page i thought the truck had a pantograph!! second looks showed not :lol: :oops:
Keep up the good work!
Steven.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 am

Right, bit of an update.

ive started work on the fiddle yard, 4 tracks, 2 for the branch line and two for the tranship shed, its working quite well and brings a bit of realism to the layout with the hand of god making less of an apperance!

just gotta get point motors to make it 100% hand of god redundant! ive built the panel ready for when i get said motors . ive gotta find a plug and socket with enough terminals to suit, so that i can remove the panel when moving the layout. ive read about these D connectors. any suggestions?

ive also painted the concrete along the front and rear, also added a fuel point with concrete surrounding it but thats still to be painted.

im halfway in the middle of building the wagon/loco repair shop at the rear.

ive also scratch built a large flood light lighting up the entrances to the tranship shed.
i think thats it, heres some pics:

Hammy

Re: End of the line. update page 2

Postby Hammy » Sun May 10, 2009 10:34 am

heres a few pics of a my new modern stuff for the layout. i know theyre rtr and youve probably seen them millions of times but here they are anyway!

ews 37405 brings a container load to the end of the line

which is duely shunted into the tranship shed, by mainline 09 ( i know the layouts a branchline but i really wanted a finely detailed shunter! anyway once my weathering improves this baby will be filthy so you wont see it!)

which then takes on fuel at the pump.

mixed goods train ready for departure. malcom having a mooch about before going back to work

the 37 hitches up

and departs for its destination. whilst the shunter starts building another train, this time scrap wagons.

overall shot of the end of the line, the wagon repair shed is coming along, but with limited space between the tracks its been a bit of a headache.
also it needs to be a lot higher to dominate the skyline a bit!

the camera man had a death wish!!!! (i think i need to change those lights [in the warehouse] as they seem far too bright!)
Last edited by Hammy on Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisWV10

Re: End of the line. new pics pg2

Postby ChrisWV10 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:35 am

Nice pics Hammy. Malcolm looks like he's got a bottle in his hand. Should he be drinking? :o

I like the refuelling point. Is it a kit or scratchbuilt? Looks really good :)

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:45 am

hi, the fuel point is a knightwing kit, and it comes with enough parts for two fuel depots.

i think its a torch in malcoms hand, i have got a youth with a beer can though, he just hasnt found a place to hang about on here yet!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed May 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Hammy

Mate, this is really turning into a wee master piece! You have managed to get the overall look right whilst cramming in an awful lot without it appearing cluttered! Much respect for that! As for the lights in the warehouse: I don't think it adversely affects the look of the model at all. Afterall, it's a working environment, so you'd kind of expect the lights to be bright, if only to keep the night-shift awake :lol:

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Wed May 13, 2009 5:10 pm

This section of the layout is going well. I've had a go at building buildings and they turn out well!!
Does the Blue diesel locomotive have a working pantograph :?: :?:
If you have more locos with a pantograph, you can always make pantograph wires out of plastic, metal etc.

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun May 17, 2009 9:23 am

hi, thanks for your comments,

ive done some more to the repair shop at the rear of the layout, to make it taller to dominate the back scene, trouble is i'd already made what is now the top floor
and working from the middle down when building isnt the greatest idea! theres still a lot to do before its finished but i thought id put some pics up.

most of the roof rsj's are in, wont be very visible once the roof is on though.

the start of an office on the first floor

hammy

outcastjack

Re: End of the line. more pics pg2

Postby outcastjack » Sun May 17, 2009 10:05 am

I like it, that said I do have a tragic fasination with anything vaugly industrial.
The close up shots are very nice and crisp. What camara do you use?
Above all its a Rover.

http://www.pendonmuseum.com
or visit my layout.
or my other models.

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 am

hiya, the pics are taken with my 3.5mp camera phone, allows me to get in really close with the macro facility!

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 am

Waheey! A smashing little scene is building up there mate! Feels like it's gonna have some atmosphere, nice work!

Can i ask how you created the internal door in the office? Cheers, Jimbo.
"A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat! Know what i mean!? Eh? Eh?"

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”