Didingtonn - OO Gauge Layout by Lmsrail

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
cmeonthemove

Re: Didingtonn - OO Gauge Layout by Lmsrail

Postby cmeonthemove » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

lmsrail wrote:It's not at all in line as one of the ends stick up about 3mm too high and there are a few gaps. But for my first attempt I dont think it's too bad :)

A bit like some of the real ones then! That container would look ok in a building site or as a storage unit.

0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Postby 0121modeller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 am

lmsrail wrote:Been around 5 long months since any work was done on the layout but I've finally found some time to creep up into the loft.

First of all I had an attempt at making a cardboard container which I didnt have much success with but from a distance it looks okay... ish :P

I like the "Evergreen" container, is it full of a shipment of Evergreen styrene strips, profiles & embossed sheet by any chance ? :o

Some great modelling here, especially the weathering on that container & the grafitti on the tankers in other photo's.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36342

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 am

I like the "Evergreen" container, is it full of a shipment of Evergreen styrene strips, profiles & embossed sheet by any chance ?

Unfortunately it's not, just strips of card to support the container and keep it somewhat rigid.
Regards, Jed

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”