Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge MK2

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 pm

hi guys been a while so i thought i'd let you know whats been going on, to be honest nothing is the answer, work on the layout has ground to a halt due to me having a few reservations about the track plan and not being able to run as longer trains as i would like so after a long hard think i've decided to not do anymore to the layout, i'm currently in the process of working out a new track plan and in a new scale, as i have such limited space with the 6x4 layout i plan to move into n gauge, after reading the jan copy of railway modeller, i saw that on page 23 they had some track plans for n gauge on a 6x4 board, i liked the look of plan b so i might use it as a starting point.
at the moment it is all in the planing stage but hopefully work will commence soon.

cheers

Darren

Flakmunky

Postby Flakmunky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

There were some great 6 x 4 layouts there, wasn't there?! I looked at a couple of them in CJFs books before settling on a shelf layout... I really fancied a split level layout.

Good luck in the new venture. This thread has been an interesting read!

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Darren, was wondering what was happening with Lordsbridge. You've done some nice work on it so a shame to see it go but I understand your reasons and I'm sure you'll find it just as fun working in N. If not more so! I'm quite liking working on a small project for a change. Are you going to stick with the same era?

Cheers

C. :)

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:28 pm

ChrisWV10 wrote:. Are you going to stick with the same era?

Cheers

C. :)

Hi Chris
i'm thinking i'll probably be moving era's to the present day as there is more n gauge stock that i could used also got my eyes on some class 66, but at the moment i'm still working on the track plan and seeing about using my dynamis to use DCC again.

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi Darren, good to see you back :wink:

Shame that Lordsbridge may be coming to an end :cry: but I can understand where you are coming from, there's never enough room for a layout :wink:

Look forward to any news/updates whatever you choose to do

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

dagenham

Postby dagenham » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 am

hi ya
like to wish you a very good and happy new year
and id like to say that your layout is a very good layout and i think you have a very good selection of locos
wish you luck on your layout
peter

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

thanks for the comments guy's i have begun the job of taking down lordsbridge, i plan to run the trains one last time on friday before i pack them away a decide which ones to sell, as for the new n gauge layout the track plan is coming along well if not a bit slow, i'll start a new thread once i settle on the final track plan.

cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi Darren sorry to hear you are changing to N but understand your resons.
Good luck in your new venture.
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi Darren

Shame to hear your layout is to be mothballed and dismantled, but look on the bright side I guess! You've already made what I consider to be a splendid layout in a relatively limited space and done plenty of things to overcome the distractions normally associated with this- e.g. train length, sharp curves, etc- and still produced something most established modellers would be well proud of :wink:

Keep us posted when you've started making progress on the new one won't you? :D

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Right it's been awhile, but I'm back so to fill you all in on what's happen since my last post, well not alot due to work and other commitments, but I have decided to stick with OO as I have way too much stuff to get rid of so I have a track plan in mind which will use the best ideas from lordsbridge mk 1 and mk 2 the layout will be set in the same era.

So I'll hopefully get some pics up soon.

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Re: Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Postby Durseytu » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi Darren,

Glad to see you are still around and that Lordsbridge is still a going concern. Speaking of concern I was wondering what had happened to you and your excellent modelling. Still I'm glad you are sticking with OO and I'm looking forward to Lordsbridge Mk3. Are there any plans to extend the baseboard or are you going to be sticking with the micro baseboard? Anyway welcome back and get modelling! :P

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

I'd love to be able to expand the base boards but unfortunately 6x4 is the biggest I can get away with at the moment so I'm going to carry on with the same size, the main trouble I was having with mk2 was I tried to cramp to much into the small space so having learnt from that hopefully mk3 should turn out better.

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 am

Hi Darren nice to see you back. :D looking forward to how this develops and fair play to you for keeping the name.
Mine on the other hand has been called Amstal Rd, Kerkstratt (during my brief flirtation with ho) Valiant Road :lol: and now it's new and final name Exeter Road which i am sticking to as it has a nice ring to it.
So what locos, stock you still got? and did you sell anything at all?
Welcome back
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 pm

i haven't sold to much stock just my NSE class 73 and mk2 NSE coaches, so the just is already to go :D

heres a couple of pics of what i intend to do:

the station area will be moved to the rear of the layout, the overal lenght of the station has been shorted so that i can fit more into the limited space i have, the main passenger servcices will be done by the two class 108 DMU's (also tempted to get the Bachmann 2 EPB :D, better get saving)

the new maintenance yard will be at the fron this time, you can see the basic layout, i intend to put the fueling points in the middle bit am looking to get the new Bachmann single road serving shed.

also my favourite bit from Lordsbridge MK1 will return.

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Darren,

Good to see you back on line :D :D

I am also pleased you have stayed with 00 and the NSE era 8)

Like you say if you combined all the best bits from Lordsbridge 1 & 2 you will have a cracking layout :wink:

Look forward to the updates,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”