Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge MK2, a NSE era layout

Postby bizzyd6405 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:17 am

jamest wrote:Hi Darren,

The layout is coming along well - you certainly don't waste any time!

I hope the gravediggers don't dig too deep in the churchyard - you'll have a mess on the track :D

Cheers,
James

Hi James. yeah i have managed to get alot done in the past week thanks to my time off work, but once i go back i think progress on the layout will slow quite a bit, also as SWMBO has taken a couple of days off work i probably wont get much done today then i'm off to see the folks for the weekend.
so before i go i thought i'd post a couple of pics of the class 20 and 73 in Lordsbridge TMD.

wish Hornby/Bachmann/Heljan would make a new version of the class 73, oh well there's always 2011 range to wait for so i can only hope.

cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:right had a little bit of free times this after noon so thought i'd make another quick video, this time we have a class 50 on as a replacement for a failed DMU on it's way to charring cross, while there is also a class 73 on a slow train to Hoo junction.

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss16 ... 020516.mp4

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren Achilles looks great on your layout :D only one thing missing and that is sound :lol:
Excellent as usual
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 pm

cheers Ian well she might eventually have sound at some point in the future :D
just got home from a weekend at the folks and my idea of not spending anymore money this month went straight out the window on saturaday as the missus dragged me to bluewater for dreaded cloth shopping :evil: although it did turn out good as when we walked past modelzone i saw they had there limted edition bachmann traveling post office carriages in the window display, so naturally i had to pop in and £31.99 later i was the proud owner of a 90's tpo :D it looks great detailing is amazing i'll hopefully get some pictures up tomorrow but the purchase of the tpo leaves me with another problem i need some postal stock and a loco to haul it, so maybe a vitrains class 47 in Rail Express Systems livery :D

cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:cheers Ian well she might eventually have sound at some point in the future :D
just got home from a weekend at the folks and my idea of not spending anymore money this month went straight out the window on saturaday as the missus dragged me to bluewater for dreaded cloth shopping :evil: although it did turn out good as when we walked past modelzone i saw they had there limted edition bachmann traveling post office carriages in the window display, so naturally i had to pop in and £31.99 later i was the proud owner of a 90's tpo :D it looks great detailing is amazing i'll hopefully get some pictures up tomorrow but the purchase of the tpo leaves me with another problem i need some postal stock and a loco to haul it, so maybe a vitrains class 47 in Rail Express Systems livery :D

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren use Achilles you don't need a strumming devise :lol: 50's used to rule supreme on the Paddington -Penzance and return tpo right up until Feb 89 when the service started to Run to Plymouth instead and return although booked for a duff the following 50;s worked it from that date 50003/19/23/24/25/28/29/30/31/32/35 :D /37/40/41/45/46 so yeagh use the Vac and save some money :lol:

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:19 pm

as promised here's the modelzone limted edition bachmann traveling post office.

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Darren, great progress so far 8) i like the look of those TPO's being lazy you say they ran in the 90's was this early or late 90's :?: if early i might consider these as well.

Keep up the good work

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:Hi Darren, great progress so far 8) i like the look of those TPO's being lazy you say they ran in the 90's was this early or late 90's :?: if early i might consider these as well.

Keep up the good work

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ

the livery of the one i have is was used from 1990 onwards, here's the link:

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/mz_exclusive ... etails.htm

and there's also an earlier livery which was used from 1986, again here's the link:

they are sold out from modelzones website and the signal box website, so if your intreseted your best bet would be to get one sooner rather then later as they appear to selling out fast, i hope that is some help to you.

cheers

Darren

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:as promised here's the modelzone limted edition bachmann traveling post office.

cheers

Darren

wow these look good (if they were a tad cheaper I may consider :P ) looking at thee gangways it looks like molded red plastic, is that so and are the gangways meant to be red? I thought that they were always black/grey?

Ben
(ps I feel like I stopped evil as I am post # 667 :P :lol: )
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 pm

trainsandco wrote:
bizzyd6405 wrote:as promised here's the modelzone limted edition bachmann traveling post office.

cheers

Darren

wow these look good (if they were a tad cheaper I may consider :P ) looking at thee gangways it looks like molded red plastic, is that so and are the gangways meant to be red? I thought that they were always black/grey?
eel like I stopped evil as I am post # 667 :P :lol: )

Surely they would be far too late for your kettle themed layout, you would need the one's with the nets. :lol:

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 am

its my layout I'll run what I want ;)

Ben
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:47 am

trainsandco wrote:its my layout I'll run what I want ;)

Ben

Hi Ben fair do's i just don't think it will look right behind a kettle but that is my opinion and as you say you it is your layout so you can run what you like :wink:

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:31 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:
NSE DAZ wrote:Hi Darren, great progress so far 8) i like the look of those TPO's being lazy you say they ran in the 90's was this early or late 90's :?: if early i might consider these as well.

Keep up the good work

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ

the livery of the one i have is was used from 1990 onwards, here's the link:

and there's also an earlier livery which was used from 1986, again here's the link:

they are sold out from modelzones website and the signal box website, so if your intreseted your best bet would be to get one sooner rather then later as they appear to selling out fast, i hope that is some help to you.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren, many thanks for your help with the links, i see what you mean these are virtually sold out everywhere :shock: i will search the net :wink:

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Like the TPO Darren. Thinking of getting one of them myself. Popped into Modelzone in Birmingham on Saturday as they had all 4 variants in stock the previous weekend for their opening. I actually wanted the 60s Maroon one but they'd sold out of those and the blue/grey so it looks like an 80s timeshift for me. They still had the one you have so if anyone is after one.... Birmingham Modelzone!

:)

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 pm

thanks for the comments guys, yeah the TPO does look rather good, plus i have just found that bachmann also do a Mk1 NEA full brake in Royal Mail livery so that might be another purchase heading my way.

a small update on my class 43 project.

i have added a couple to the front of the dummy car from my intercity set so it can now bw towed by the class 37.

i wasn't brave enough to cut a hole in the nose for the coupler to go in (plus i don't think the coupler would have had enough room to make the turns on my layout) so instead i attached it to the bootom of the loco's nose instead and as you can see from the second photo it works rather well, so not bad rather pleased with the out come.

i've also done some more work to the raised section of the layout this includes:
1. painting the roads
2. adding some grass scatter
3. adding some fencing

so here's the pics.

still need some more bits like hedges and some street signs and so on but it's a start.

cheers
Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Looking good Darren love the hst, Achilles could also pull that, in later years NSE 50's were frequently used to pull hst power cars from Bristol to Laira as were the DCVWA machines.
cheers
Ian

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”