Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:24 pm

hay Gavin thanks for the pictures they will come in useful when i attempted to make my own breakdown coach, as for Lordsbridge i have decided to re-lay the track so as we speak i'm in the process of removing the bulidings and bits form the layout, in preperation i'm hoping that i will be able to salvage some of the old track so i don't have to buy to much, and this time when it's laid i think i'm going to give it a good running in before i ballast it as i don't really want the same problems again.

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Darren,

I bet it breaks your heart taking up the layout :( but if you have issues with the track then it is the way to go :D

Good luck with it all look forward to seeing some pictures soon

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:Hi Darren,

I bet it breaks your heart taking up the layout :( but if you have issues with the track then it is the way to go :D

Good luck with it all look forward to seeing some pictures soon

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ

yeah breaking it up does hurt thou not as much as the screw driver i managed to stab into my hand while trying to remove the ballast :oops: but hopefully when it's relaid it will make the operation of the layout much better plus i can now make the layout more era specific as Lordsbridge was built as a steam era layout but then it chnaged half way throu so this time it will be designed with the era in mind, i have a track plan in my head so i'll hopefully get it put up soon, only now i need to actually remove all the old ballast and scenics as i hope to reuse the baseboard.

cheers

Darren

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Sorry to this one go, Darren but if it no longer 'floats your boat'... I've just taken mine apart.... and ordered more track for the next (and expanded) instalment. :shock: Something more 'urban' I think....

Look forward to seeing what develops. :)

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

thanks Chris yeah i was sad to take it down but the track problems where getting worse so i think it is for the best, i'm removed most the ballast now but the baseboard still has glue marks and some off the grass matt won't budge so any ideas on how to remove it? as i don't really fancy having to replace it.

cheers

Darren

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm having the same problem :(

You could try a littlewarm water to moisten the PVA but I'd use it sparingly as it may warp your boards.

Otherwise... sanding? file? chisel and hammer?! :shock:

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm

ChrisWV10 wrote:I'm having the same problem :(

You could try a littlewarm water to moisten the PVA but I'd use it sparingly as it may warp your boards.

Otherwise... sanding? file? chisel and hammer?! :shock:

i gave up with trying to remove it all and just turned the baseboard over and bingo clean wood ready for construction to begin :D
i had ordered a couple of metcalfe kit's from the signal box the other day so i have spent the day making them up so here's a sneak peak of what you can expect from Lordsbridge MK2.

so there's a start to the main street of the layout, going to add another terrace house at some point as i just wanted to see what kind of space they took up, right i'm off to purchase one of big dunc's amazing NSE station clock off ebay.

comments welcome

Cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi Darren

Lordsbridge 2 sounds great and pleased to see you are making a start :D the metcalfe kit's are great 8) i take it Lordsbridge 2 will be having a high street scene?

Buying one of BIG DUNCS clocks you will not be disappointed, i am now going to be seeking commission from BIG DUNC :lol: :wink:

Look forward to seeing your progress

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ

Steve 27752

Postby Steve 27752 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Don't forget the net curtains.

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:Hi Darren

Lordsbridge 2 sounds great and pleased to see you are making a start :D the metcalfe kit's are great 8) i take it Lordsbridge 2 will be having a high street scene?

Buying one of BIG DUNCS clocks you will not be disappointed, i am now going to be seeking commission from BIG DUNC :lol: :wink:

Look forward to seeing your progress

well that would be telling if there was to be a high street scene :lol:, as for clocks after looking at the pics on your thread it certainly gives a station that NSE feel, just a quick question do you have one on each platform?, also progress will be slower this time round as i don't want to rush it like i did in places last time and the biggest thing i have learnt is to start at the back and work forward as i didn't last time and its a major pain in the bum when you lean over the layout to work on the back and you manage to crush something at the front. :oops:

Steve 27752 wrote:Don't forget the net curtains.

er there in the wash at the moment :lol:

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Darren,

Keeping your cards close to your chest for Lordsbridge 2, :lol: i don't blame you as it keeps it exciting for us viewers :wink:
As for the station clocks it really depends on your station how many platforms and the length of the platform i take it it Lordsbridge 2 will be having two platforms so i would run with two.
On my station i have three pole mounted clocks and two under canopy clocks but i have two main platforms plus a siding platform, also the platforms are 8 foot long.
Like you say take your time on your layout look at me 6 months later and still creating my station scene, but buy not rushing you hopefully will not make many mistakes. (I still make a few :oops: )

Good luck!!!!!

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:44 pm

thanks Darren, looks like i'll be getting two then one for each platform :lol:, and in other news i have started to lay the track again on lordsbridge :D need to get a couple more pieces to complete it then i will carry out a long test running session and i hope to add some point motors this time round, thou i'm worried as i've said before my electrical skills are non existant so are they easy to fit?

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:27 pm

right a sneek peak of what is to come!!

i have laid the main sections of track along with the civil engineers yard and the tmd, but i'm abit short of track :evil: so i need to take a trip to into town to get some more tomorrow.

so here's a couple of pics from todays work.

also just ordered some point motors to have a play around with so all is looking good.

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Darren,
I love what i am seeing nice clean fresh start, and that 33 is one hell of a loco 8)

Good to see some NSE stock back on the tracks :wink:

Keep the updates coming

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:53 pm

thanx Darren, heljan do another class 33 in NSE so i'm thinking of adding that to my fleet as well, then i'll have all the NSE class 33 fleet as for some reason only to where ever painted into the wonderfull NSE livery, as for progress on Lordsbridge i've been having a play with the tmd trying to get it to my liking it's getting somewhere close to the final design, i hope to have a good days modeling on wednesday so i'll hopefully get some pics up then.

cheers

Darren

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”