Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
NSE DAZ

Re: Lordsbridge

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Darren loving the update some cracking pictures 8) I will be interested to see how your 108 turns out, as i am planning on buying the noch multi pack of seated people from gaugemaster as well, that was the only thing that spoilt this DMU the interior!!!

What do you intend on using the MK3 Inter-City stock for? you don't have an HST on the way ?(I do :wink: )

Keep up the good work

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:41 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:
What do you intend on using the MK3 Inter-City stock for? you don't have an HST on the way ?(I do :wink: )

Keep up the good work

Hi Darren thanks for the comment, i'll get some pic's of the 108 up once it's completed, as for the mk3 intercity stock it was part of a hornby multi-pack which included the two carriages and one power car and one dummy car, it's the older model, you have the new version on the way? i look forward to seeing it. is it in intercity swallow livery?

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:41 am

bizzyd6405 wrote:
NSE DAZ wrote:

Keep up the good work

Hi Darren thanks for the comment, i'll get some pic's of the 108 up once it's completed, as for the mk3 intercity stock it was part of a hornby multi-pack which included the two carriages and one power car and one dummy car, it's the older model, you have the new version on the way? i look forward to seeing it. is it in intercity swallow livery?

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren that will be great to see some picture of the 108 when completed :wink:

The 125 is indeed in the 80's Swallow livery but unlike the older version you do not get the rolling stock just the power car and the dummy car :( ( and to top this off it cost more than the original :?: )
I think it will be worth it tho :D

Many thamks Darren NSE DAZ

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 pm

thanks Darren i look forward to seeing your new loco, speaking of class 43 here's a few pics of mine gracing Lordsbridge with it's presents

as for the 108 i still need to get around to actually ordering from gaugemaster, been thinking about getting a second class 108 do some double heading :lol: :lol:

anyway comments welcome as ever.

cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Darren is that the new HST? Looks real nice. Also are your NSE coaches Mk 1 or Mk 2 stock? or a mixture of both?
cheers
I
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren is that the new HST? Looks real nice. Also are your NSE coaches Mk 1 or Mk 2 stock? or a mixture of both?
cheers
I

no its the older model i picked up at the beginning off last year thought it was a bargin only cost me £50 brand new, it's a good little runner, i still need to put a decoder in the dummy car to control the lights but i rather like it, as for my NSE coaches i have four at the all bachmann 2 mk1 and 2 mk2 i prefer the mk2's personally i hope to get a few more of each thou so i can increase the rake of carriages i have as at the moment i have way more railfreight/civil engineer stock then i do coachss.

cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Darren if you want the Mk 2's in NSE and 2nd class i think you will be out of luck as they all seem to be out of stock or at full retail £22.65 is the cheapest ive found.Loads of 1st Class and brakes :x This is why i have instead decided to have emu/demu and dmu for the passenger trains on St Breward and loco hauled for my Vans/Newspaper/TPO woprkings.Also changed the location from Devon to South coast for this purpouse.
cheers
I

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 am

Hi Darren

Love the pictures of the HST it looks at home at Lordsbridge 8) 8) can not wait to receive mine now!! i know its the older model but it looks great and you paid a fab price for it to :wink:

Keep up the good work and pictures

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 am

Hi Darren hope you get City of Exeter i have pmd u.Let me know.
cheers
I

teddyissik

Postby teddyissik » Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

no updates for ages :(

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:24 pm

god all the way at the bottom of page three not good!!
hello again i'm back, looks like i have a lot of catching up to do anyway been away for a while had a few problems at work which have left me with very little spare time but hopefully that has been resovled now.
On to Lordsbridge, well the work has drawn to a halt at the moment as i decide on weather to take it down and start agin or continue with it, i'm leaning towards a restart as i'm having problems with track not beening joined correctly in a few places (mainly the yard and the back straight) which causes a nightmare when trying to slow run the loco's (especially the class 73's) so i've started to think about a new layout same size, same era and hopefully i want to reuse most my buildings. one of the main bit's i want to improve is the station i'd like to make it longer as at the moment it only holds a two car DMU i'd like to get it up to three car DMU and have it straight so it's no longer on the curve.

so i'd be intrested in you thoughts/ideas.

cheers

Darren

bbc100p

Postby bbc100p » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Start it again and you could make it a little bit bigger or make a branch line going somewhere else in that room!
It back! And sorry about the rant but I do not know why they banned MOHAAPlayer!

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:35 pm

bbc100p wrote:Start it again and you could make it a little bit bigger or make a branch line going somewhere else in that room!

i'd love to make it bigger but 6 x 4 is the largest as i can have as the room is a mulit purpose room, but thanks for the sugguestion

bbc100p

Postby bbc100p » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:
bbc100p wrote:Start it again and you could make it a little bit bigger or make a branch line going somewhere else in that room!

i'd love to make it bigger but 6 x 4 is the largest as i can have as the room is a mulit purpose room, but thanks for the sugguestion

Oh ok then!
It back! And sorry about the rant but I do not know why they banned MOHAAPlayer!

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Darren

Here are, as requested, some pics of the breakdown coach for you. Oh, and for what it's worth, I think that if there are significant problems with the track, then yes, it's probably worth considering re-laying it at least...

Cheers,
Gavin

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”