Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
ChrisWV10

Re: Lordsbridge- welcomes a new arrival

Postby ChrisWV10 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I agree, 37s are growing on me since I got the Bachmann EWS City of Worcester. Since added a ViTrains in intercity mainline and was going to get another in Civ Eng Dutch but when I got to the shop yesterday it had gone :(

Trying to decide which one to get instead so that I don't appear to be copying you & Gavin! :| :D

jamest

Postby jamest » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Darren,

Like the new pics :D

I'm also copying you (sort of) I just purchased a vi-trains triple Grey class 37 in trainload metals. Its markings are very similar to the petroleum one you have. I already had a vi trains class 37 and I am very impressed with them. But it is a bit fiddly fitting all those extra bits - I have fingers like bananas! I had to make some of the holes a little bigger (very carefully) to accept some of the bits.

I also recently purchased the Bachmann large logo class 47 (which I believe was released at the same time as the intercity one). As much as I like the vi-trains examples I have, the Baccy is a really smooth runner, probably worth the extra few quid.

cheers,
James

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

ChrisWV10 wrote:I agree, 37s are growing on me since I got the Bachmann EWS City of Worcester. Since added a ViTrains in intercity mainline and was going to get another in Civ Eng Dutch but when I got to the shop yesterday it had gone :(

Trying to decide which one to get instead so that I don't appear to be copying you & Gavin! :| :D

copy away Chris i don't mind i wanted to get the vi train 37 in dutch as well was going to get them both at the same time but they where out of stock at hattons at the mo :(
jamest wrote:Hi Darren,

Like the new pics :D

I'm also copying you (sort of) I just purchased a vi-trains triple Grey class 37 in trainload metals. Its markings are very similar to the petroleum one you have. I already had a vi trains class 37 and I am very impressed with them. But it is a bit fiddly fitting all those extra bits - I have fingers like bananas! I had to make some of the holes a little bigger (very carefully) to accept some of the bits.

I also recently purchased the Bachmann large logo class 47 (which I believe was released at the same time as the intercity one). As much as I like the vi-trains examples I have, the Baccy is a really smooth runner, probably worth the extra few quid.

cheers,
James

Thanks James, yeah the fittings are the only thing that lets the vi train model down a bit as for the 47 thanks for the tip still haven't decided on one yet maybe at next payday :D :D

also seen as it's Lordsbridge first birthday i wondered if anyone had requests for pics for the big day?

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 am

Right I know I’m a bit late but thought i'd celebrate Lordsbridges first birthday

So Lordsbridge is now a year old it has come along way from a southern steam era layout to one now based in the mid 1980’s up till 1990’s mainly focusing on the Network Southeast area, the layout it self is a fictional village on the Medway Valley Line somewhere between Strood and Maidstone West (still needs the third rail to be added but I’m waiting till I get the hornby 4 vep in NSE livery) also the Medway valley line connects to the Kent Line and on to London in my model world as in real life the Medway line stops at Strood.

Lordsbridge Station

Then

Now

Lordsbridge Goods Shed

Then

Now

Lordsbridge Loco Shed

Then

Now

So that’s part one of the celebrations I’m currently working on few running a few specials today lets just say steam fans will be happy pictures to follow later

Cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge- first birthday

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:58 am

also any request for photo's are welcome :D

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 am

Happy birthday!

Will be looking forward to the steam specials, particularly pics of the King Arthur...!

But again, congratulations!

Gavin

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 am

Steam Specials!!

As a first birthday celebration Network Southeast decided to run a couple of steam specials including appearances from a N15, T9 and Schools class locos here the pictures.

Cheers

Darren

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Lovely!

(Though you may wish to check the N15's front bogie before you run it, judging from that last pic! :wink: )

I love the low-level pics, by the way - they highlight how good a job you did with the ballasting.

Regards,
Gavin

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

ooo.....lovely!!! Triple header maybe?? :lol:

lubly jubly!! (del boy trotter)

BEN
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

BR125

Postby BR125 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Happy Birthday Lordsbridge!!! Some really nice pics there Darren. :D

Regards
Daz
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Black-Marlin wrote:Lovely!

(Though you may wish to check the N15's front bogie before you run it, judging from that last pic! :wink: )

I love the low-level pics, by the way - they highlight how good a job you did with the ballasting.

Regards,
Gavin

yeah it did derail when i started it again after taking the picture :oops:
trainsandco wrote:ooo.....lovely!!! Triple header maybe?? :lol:

lubly jubly!! (del boy trotter)

BEN

hmmm no triple header sorry thou i do have a picture of a NSE class 33 and BR Green class 25 double heading a pullman service somewhere :D

BR125 wrote:Happy Birthday Lordsbridge!!! Some really nice pics there Darren. :D

Regards
Daz

thank you Darren

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Lordsbriiiiiiidge..... Happy Birthday to you! :P

Nice to see the T9 out again :D

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:09 pm

That looks really good, well done!. I hope to do as well.
rocketman

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 am

ChrisWV10 wrote:Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Lordsbriiiiiiidge..... Happy Birthday to you! :P

Nice to see the T9 out again :D

yeah i had almost forgot what a great model the T9 is i think i might have to order another decoder so i can have it running again, also this is the first picture of the schools class running without its smoke deflectors i removed them ages ago as i think that the loco looks better with out them, not sure what other people think thou?

rocketman wrote:That looks really good, well done!. I hope to do as well.
rocketman

Thaks rocket man i look forward to seeing yout progress.

talking of progress my hattons order arrived this morning slightly late was a special delivery due to be here thursday before 1 pm :evil: :evil: guess that's the post for you, anyway it contained the rest of the bachmann security fencing i needed along with some bachmann cable drums and skaledale crates all of which have now been added to the civil engineers yard now i just need to add a light to the shed and its near enough finished here's a few pics.

sorry about the poor lighting :(

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Darren looking good, sorry i missed Lordsbridge first birthday but i never received a invite :wink: :lol:

You have transformed the civil engineers yard it looks amazing you have used the space well 8) also taken some cracking photos of Lordsbridge celebrating its first birthday.

Keep up the good work

Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”