Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge, a new era begins!!

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Lewis Nash wrote:Hi darren

Yellow vans wouldnt be out of place,80s BR didnt care about road vehicles,in an era of sectorism and constantly changing liveries I think the road vans were left in yellow till the end of their lives! :wink:

Lewis

cheers lewis, i've just ordered a couple of yellow br vans for Lordsbridge :D
in other news spent most the day giving the class 108 a good running and wasn't long before i came across a small problem the fence and the clump foilage near the pond on the corner pf the layout was to close so the 108 was unable to make the bend, so i've had to remove the fence i'm going to repostion it slightly back more to allow the train to make the turn, also i have removed the signal box next to the level crossing and have a few palns for the area which will becoma apparent when i post my next pictures.

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge in the NSE era

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:29 pm

right it's been a while since i posted any pics so here we go

as you can see i finally got around to adding a green house to the cottage in the far left hand corner of the layout,
down by the station, the green house is a wills kit, i've added some greenery inside in the form of lichen and clump foilage
as well as adding gravel for the walk way in the middle although this doesn't really show in the pictures.

right as you can see the old signal box has been removed and a skaledale modern lineside hut & AWS box,
then graveled the area and added a british rail work van and some bachmann work men, all i need now is some
security fencing then i can tidy up the gravel as well as add some weeds to the area.

right i've added a peco train unit to the maintence depot, had to modify it slighty in size so it would fit in the space
i had, i still need to add some NSE signs and some warning signs, also added a skaledale site office which agains needs
to have some signs added to it.
to complete the maintence depot i need a refueling point (the bachmann one seems to be sold out everywhere :()
then soem security fencing and some signal's.

and finaly

the class 25 seen here is about to go into presevation after being withdrawn from mainline use, it's at Lordsbridge to
undergo restoration back to BR green as it seen here in the DMU siding.

so hopefully this will give you an update to what i've been up to recently.

comments welcome as ever

cheers

Darren

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 pm

ah!, on the 4th pic from bottom I see you have had a visit from 'The Doctor'!!
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 pm

trainsandco wrote:ah!, on the 4th pic from bottom I see you have had a visit from 'The Doctor'!!

yeah i believe him and rose popped into the near by pub :D

right been having a few problems with the class 108 and i was wondering if anyone could help.

ive been running the 108 and it's very jolty i've tried cleaning the track but it still continued how ever my class 25 the t9 and n15 have no problem.

any help would be gratefully recieved.

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:31 pm

right not much to report on the layout it's self no new work has been carried out thou the loco fleet has been expanded i now have a Heljan HeljanClass in Network South East revised livery and i have to say it is a beautiful model it looks really fantastic really impressed with it, i also decided to try the bachmann 3 function decoder with back EMF for slow running, and it works a treat i think i might use these in the future instead of the hornby ones i usually use. Aslo i have purchased two Bachmann mk1 NSE coaches for the class 33 to haul.

as for the class 108 i'm going to strip it down the next chance i get to see if i can cure the problems that i currently have, i'll hopefully get some photos up tomorrow.

right now off to paint the rest of the concrete wall for the station and to finish off running in the 33.

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:49 pm

right here we go at last some new photos enjoy.

comments welcome as ever, right i'm off to complete this standing order for work only another 6 pages to go :(

cheers

Darren

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Great photo's the 2 car dmu does it for me, excellent stuff.

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

BR125

Postby BR125 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:29 am

Great pics fella and I really like the look of the bridge,what make is it?

Cheers
Daz
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Road Stone

Postby Road Stone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 am

Wonderful pictures and great colour. The church and surrounding area is just great.

Can you tell us about your picture taking? You seem to get a great feild of depth, and it really makes the scenes.

Cheers, Jerry
I know Nothing!

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Lovely-looking stock, Darren; that Heljan 33 and the Mk1s is a wonderful train!

Oh, and am I right in saying the bridge is a Hornby Skaledale Road-Over Bridge? I bought one myself on the basis of your use of it, though mine has yet to be installed...

Keep up the good work!
Gavin

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 pm

BR125 wrote:Great pics fella and I really like the look of the bridge,what make is it?

Cheers
Daz

cheers for The comments spavo, Daz as for the bridge as gavin correctly said it is the skaledale road bridge and i can highly recommend it, it really looks the tral deal.

Road Stone wrote:Wonderful pictures and great colour. The church and surrounding area is just great.

Can you tell us about your picture taking? You seem to get a great feild of depth, and it really makes the scenes.

Cheers, Jerry

thanks jerry, as for the picture taking i usally try and rest the camera down on the tracks to get good sense of perspective and i tend to take the photo's at the front of the layout so the bulidings add to the effect.

Black-Marlin wrote:Lovely-looking stock, Darren; that Heljan 33 and the Mk1s is a wonderful train!

Oh, and am I right in saying the bridge is a Hornby Skaledale Road-Over Bridge? I bought one myself on the basis of your use of it, though mine has yet to be installed...

Keep up the good work!
Gavin

cheers Gavin yeah the heljan 33 is amazing it's my favourite loco i own as for the mk1's i need a few more to complete the rake of carriages thou there's not much choice in them,
might even get some mk2's

thanks for all the comments

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:50 pm

right been having a look around for some more loco's for the layout and was pleased to see that modelzone have commissioned
two exculsives that are due at the end of the year/early 20190 the first is a bachmann class 47 in NSE livery which looks rather good and
then there have commissioned a class 466 Networker in NSE livery, on top of that i've been eyeing up the signal boxes bachmann 08 in NSE
livery as well so with christmas coming hopefully the loco fleet at Lordsbridge will be expanding.

right on to the layout, i've got the day off work tomorrow so i plan to get to work on the layout seen as it's been a while
since i've done any work on the layout, was hoping to pop into town to get some bits from the local model store but there closed
wednesdays :(
but i hope to get the following completed.

1. paint and glue in place the last peices of the wall for the station.
2. fit a decoder to the intercity 25
3. tidy up the gravel around the aws box

and if i can find another shop close by i might get some extra bit's

cheers

Darren

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:36 pm

i say an interesting photo in i think it was rail magizine, of a class 50 towing two hst power cars of there way for maintence, i liked the look of the picture so
i decided to have a go at recreating on Lordsbridge, what you guy's think?

hopefully i'll get some pic's of the days progress up soon as well.

cheers

Darren

Lewis Nash

Postby Lewis Nash » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi darren

Very nice,that 33 could do with some weathering btw! :P .Another addition you may think to include is some more modern buildings as most of the structures are pre 1980s,maybe a bachmann offce block would blend in nice to give the scenery a more modern feel. :wink:
Only a suggestion,keep up the good work :!:
Lewis
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Lewis Nash wrote:Hi darren

Very nice,that 33 could do with some weathering btw! :P .Another addition you may think to include is some more modern buildings as most of the structures are pre 1980s,maybe a bachmann offce block would blend in nice to give the scenery a more modern feel. :wink:
Only a suggestion,keep up the good work :!:
Lewis

cheers for the comment lewis, as for the weathering i'd love to weather all my loco's but i'm not overly sure how too, as my painting skills are rubbish, as for the office block, that is a good idea thou i'm not sure where i'd put? think it could replace the pub or the cottage inbetween the fire station.

right time for some pictures :D

i've added a wall to the side of the fire station, was searching for a while to think of what to put there and i was going thru the box of odds and sods and found some of the left over skaledale wall from the church wall.

i've added a bachmann workman figure to the roof of the shed, he's carrying out some repairs.

I got a skaledale ground frame, I’m not too sure if they would be used as I plan to put thought it looked good and here it is in it’s final place.

and finally a shot looking up into the depot.

cheers

Darren

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”