NSE southern layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Infrontcat

Re: NSE southern layout

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 pm

First time I have seen this layout. Really impresed, esp. the third-rail. The track itself is great too :)

Excellent!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Rabspat

Postby Rabspat » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 am

I love your layout and I have looked at your thread many times for ideas. I be doing a made up area but in the south east, so I be using your tips on the 3rd rail. Looking forward to more updates..
SIMON
IN PROGRESS
"Daunton" oo gauge end to end Branchline, using DMU's and EMU's in different eras and regions. But general theme would be Kent area with some stations with the SR era colour. Be Starting Board 1 this week I at a time.

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for the comments, glad I can be of some help, maybe even a little inspiration!

Seem to have brought quite a bit lately.. While at Modelzone I decided to buy a class 466 networker unit, brought it for £96! *what was I thinking?!* looked on ebay and they're easily going for <£75. This model isn't DCC compatible, though I fancied the challenge and to fit it with interior lights.. more on that in the coming weeks hopefully.
Just brought 2 Hornby seacows on ebay for £10 each, bargain! Brought the bachmann Low Relief Block of Flats to sit behind my station too.

Booked my train tickets back to my parents for two weeks time so expect a few updates then.. :D

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:45 pm

New photos from last weekends work,

Image[/url]
New block of flats

Image[/url]
New vegetation, troughin and cables

Image[/url]
New seacows

Image[/url]

Image[/url]
Work has yet to start on the 466

Image[/url]
New power distro for lighting to be wired in soon. I will need to make another one for the other side of the layout at some point.

I am also considering calling the layout Two Bridges, partly because, well it has two bridges. secondly as its a rip off of Three Bridges :D Thoughts?

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:26 pm

My class 33 running round the layout with sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2X34xTF2HA

I don't think you can embed youtube on this forum?

413x

Postby 413x » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 am

Looking good grayum, was wondering whether you we're going to be weather all of your stock

Alex

Rabspat

Postby Rabspat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Any new updates?
SIMON
IN PROGRESS
"Daunton" oo gauge end to end Branchline, using DMU's and EMU's in different eras and regions. But general theme would be Kent area with some stations with the SR era colour. Be Starting Board 1 this week I at a time.

shaun2000

Postby shaun2000 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:56 pm

great looking layout you have what make are the flats are the home made?

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for the comments, not much progress unfortunately. I have been back to my parents briefly for a weekend since the photos above, but living 130 miles away in a small flat does limit me somewhat :(
Last time I managed to wire most of the station lights in (and they work!), I just need to make another distro for the other side of the layout. I'm sure I have a photo somewhere...
I was going to make the Scale scenes block of flats, but then I saw the Bachmann ones for a good price so I took the lazy option :roll: I do plan to add curtains etc, and maybe lighting at some point.
@Shaun2000 http://www.ehattons.com/38679/Bachmann_Branchline_44_212_Low_Relief_Block_of_Flats/StockDetail.aspx

I will be heading back to my parents in early November so it will be another manic weekend off wiring and scenery so some photos should follow :)

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

All, a quick line up of my 3rd rail stock. Can't find the photo of the working station lamps though :-S

free jpeg images

Rabspat

Postby Rabspat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am

Nice, I get my Class 416 next week, looking forward to it. I want a networker but not sure if and how to DCC it.
SIMON
IN PROGRESS

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Rabspat wrote:Nice, I get my Class 416 next week, looking forward to it. I want a networker but not sure if and how to DCC it.

Class 416 is my favourite model, runs so smoothly straight out the box, good lights on it, quiet. Really good model, compared to that pile of junk on the far right!

Networker wise I haven't DCC'd mine yet. I've worked out how to do the motor.. There's a guide of how to DCC a Bachmann class 158/9 here, it follows the same principles: http://www.bromsgrovemodels.co.uk/bachmanncl158dccInstr.htm
http://www.bachmann.co.uk/service/dcc_voyager.php

I just need to work out how to do the lights, though to be fair I only spent an hour or two researching how to do the motor so I'd imagine it can't be too difficult... If you find a wiring diagram of another DCC ready hornby model then I guess you could base it on that....? :roll:

spiket4

Postby spiket4 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi just found your Layout and it looks great. Im another NSE era fan :D .
Keep up the good work and i take inspiration for when i start my layout.

Regards Mark

Rustyrail

Postby Rustyrail » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:20 am

This layout is really looking good now Grayum; nice work!

Cheers
Simon

Grayum

Postby Grayum » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for nice comments :)

Managed to a bit more on my layout the other weekend, got my lights working better. Weathered my retaining wall and added some more detail to it. The only photo I took though was this arty one..

imagen

Also a quick (short) video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6Z3IAcuSA

Grayum

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”