Ninian Junction - And so it is finished, see last post.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Class 66

Re: Ninian Junction

Postby Class 66 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:31 am

ste234 wrote:
hobby boy wrote:I've noticed you haven't updated this thread for a few weeks.
I'd like to see the progress though. And when will those new pictures come (you said that 2 weeks ago)

Hobby boy to take a quote from a Take That (*shudders*) "have a little....patience !!!!! please :lol:

"Cause I need time time time"

Thanks Ste234.

I promise i'll get some pictures up today. Not much has been done except scatter added and the last of the ballasting. Which reminds me. I managed to get glue in one of the point motors (so frustrating as it was the last time ballasting and all the other ballasting had gone perfect!)

But yeah pictures later on.

Class 66

Postby Class 66 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm

And finally an update. Yes an Update.

The top has been ballasted bringing the whole ballasting exercise to a close! I've scattered the hill and some ground parts. I've also painted the whole board brown in prepration for buildings and general scatter. I'll reveal the plan later!

So here we go:

Perspective from the tracks of the tunnel entrance and the ballasted track

Left side of board view showing parts painted brown and some buildings that aren't stuck down yet.

And the hill

One more of the hill

The corner with the scatter

Overview of all board, yes I did run out of the brown paint and improvised!

Comments appreciated as usual. Constructive critisim more than welcome.

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Thu May 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Very very nice. The hill is nicely textured and the topography is excellent. I'm using hairy grass which judging by your scatter was a poor choice, it gets everywhere.
Maybe 'Hobby Boy' will stop crying and leave you alone now!

You might get a slightly more aged look by using some scatter or something similar between the sleepers that aren't used very much in sidings and between the lines on the main line.

Ryan

Graymee

Postby Graymee » Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 pm

That hill looks great Stephen, I agree with Ryan, the contours and folds of the slope look really natural really reminds me of the Chiltern Ridgeway hills.

Nice improvisation with the paint so the pink area, is that going to be a little commune for drag queens?? :D

Nice ballasting too, did you manage to "unglue" you points?

Cheers

Graeme
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
My layout thread:-
Loxley Lane
I started another thread for trackplanning, if anyone is interested
My trackplan thread

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

wow! no wonder you haven't been able to do an update, you've been doing all that work on your layout so no wonder you haven't been able to update it (or it could be exams, great thing my ks3 sats are cancelled :D )
What type of paint did you use? Enamel paint? If you did that could have slowed you down.
Great work but what is that building with the tall chimney near the station? A Factory?

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu May 21, 2009 10:13 pm

hobby boy wrote:great thing my ks3 sats are cancelled :D
Hobby Boy

I really wouldn't worry about KS3 exams. I was in the first year to sit them, and they were then (and I suspect still are) academically irrelevent, and marked by idiots. Evidence for this? In my English paper I wrote a funny story about a wedding gone disastrously wrong when my brother introduced a tarantula into the proceedings. As part of this, the minister began his sermon with the phrase "Dreary beloved..." I was marked down for this as it was, apparently, a 'spelling error'. :shock: I got a Level 5, which was then the lowest pass mark available. Now I'm doing my PhD in English, and I tutor GCSE, AS and A-level students, as well as helping my colleagues mark university undergraduate papers.

Don't sweat your KS3s.

Gavin

Class 66

Postby Class 66 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Graymee wrote:That hill looks great Stephen, I agree with Ryan, the contours and folds of the slope look really natural really reminds me of the Chiltern Ridgeway hills.

Nice improvisation with the paint so the pink area, is that going to be a little commune for drag queens?? :D

Cheers

Graeme

Lol, I managed to unglue the point, but not the point motor sadly.

Now about the pink area. I did say on the paint pot it was brown! Something must have gone wrong.....

Thanks for all your comments and thanks for that information about SATs Gavin, I learn something new everyday!

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 am

Class 66 wrote:
Graymee wrote:That hill looks great Stephen, I agree with Ryan, the contours and folds of the slope look really natural really reminds me of the Chiltern Ridgeway hills.

Cheers

Graeme

Lol, I managed to unglue the point, but not the point motor sadly.

Now about the pink area. I did say on the paint pot it was brown! Something must have gone wrong.....

Thanks for all your comments and thanks for that information about SATs Gavin, I learn something new everyday!

That another point motor down the drain :( :roll:

Hobby Boy
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:14 am

i just thought about this but are you going to make your own signals like the ones here? Build your own railway signals

Hobby Boy

bbc100p

Postby bbc100p » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:06 am

Hey.
Cool layout!
When is the next update?
It back! And sorry about the rant but I do not know why they banned MOHAAPlayer!

Class 66

Postby Class 66 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:15 pm

ahh, so not an update for a while ?

Hoping to get back on this project. Needs dusting off (amazing how quickly items become dust) and get back to work!

Expect an update within a month, off on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday and my birthday on Friday.

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:43 pm

so your birthday is on the 17th then? Happy Birthday for tommorow! So what will you ask for you birthday? Anything to do with this?
Also enjoy your holiday, where are you going to?

Hobby Boy

bbc100p

Postby bbc100p » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:54 am

1. Happy B-Day!!!
2. How long did it to take you to look at this thead
It back! And sorry about the rant but I do not know why they banned MOHAAPlayer!

Class 66

Postby Class 66 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Gosh time does fly. Had to go to page 5 to find this thread!

Picture upload not working but to give you an idea of what has happened I will badly attempt to describe:

• The layout backdrop which is being painted by me has been started, still needs alot of work though
  • Planning has begun for several rows of houses to be built out of plasticard

And thats about it. Not much really.

Pics hopefully will follow when I can get it to work.

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Yeah i agree time does fly. Well at least there are going to be houses on the layout.

Andrew

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”