m.levin's layout thread

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
ste234

Re: Levington new Video p116

Postby ste234 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Looks great mate, but im sure you dont need us to tell you that! :lol:
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

GROTLAND wrote:Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the greatest layout of them all?

Pretty Grotland, it is you! 'cos M.Levin's layout is a load of poo.

HA Grottyland? At least all my buildings are scratch built and not Skaledale buildings!!

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Very nice Mr.
Those walls are going to look great once you've got some weathering on them :)
Not sure how the teddy bears feel without fur though - especially now we're heading into winter :shock:

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:05 am

SouthernBoy wrote:Not sure how the teddy bears feel without fur though - especially now we're heading into winter :shock:

Teddy shaving is a traditional past-time at this time of year in Yorkshire, so there are plenty of people around to advise on the matter, including the new Dilapidated Bear Insulation Hotline (Ring Shipley 554701 and ask for Deardrie or Kevin) or, of course, You can 'knit your own', a great way to pass the evenings.

By the way, nice to see the layout's coming along still Martin old son. Promise to come see you again some day! :wink:

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

BR125

Postby BR125 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 am

Nice vids and a great looking layout,I can only hope mine will look half as good! :D

Cheers
Daz
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Road Stone

Postby Road Stone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 am

Great video, amazingly busy thanks.

Cheers, Jerry
I know Nothing!

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately in the next few years the layout will be dismantled, but on a plus side I plan to build a better layout, learning from my mistakes from this layout. It will be a shame to see it go, as it is my first layout. :cry:

ste234

Postby ste234 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

*said in a slow-motion style voice*
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:o
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:53 am

Hey Martin....

Sorry to hear that me old mate but do what you gotta do as the Four Tops used to say, as you will no doubt be aware I have just done the same thing and although it feels rough pulling up the old layout when you've got those freshly painted bare baseboards in front of you something magic happens......

All the best...

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:35 pm

I am finding the fame, as the worlds greatest modeller,to much! so I am hanging up my coal shovel and dress up for while!

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 pm

m.levin wrote:I am finding the fame, as the worlds second greatest modeller,to much! so I am hanging up my coal shovel and taking up cross dressing for while!

Hope you get better soon :lol:

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 am

I may recover mantaly, over time, but my butt will never be the same, from the doctors shovel liike hands.

1 update the layout is under going boxing up, by new year levington will be no more!

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 am

You really need to change that avatar mate....I can't read your posts......makes me feel a little ill... :?
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Not really an update.

I have started to box up the Locos and rolling stock, Leaving out my new Loco, RES 47 and Parcel vans, for the "Last Train" video for the tube. After that it is all systems go to pull it all out, making hopefully tomorrow the official date for the start of the rebuild.
Got Grottyland happy to help destroy the layout as I am helping him do his too!
I have a Plan of the stages I plan to do the rebuild of the loft and the layout, as it is dependant on money for the new boiler for completion, But possible to work around that.
Once the layout is all out and I have started on pulling the walls out I am going to rewire the loft and increase the amount of sockets, from 2 to 8, adding a number of lights for the layout side and storage.
I plan to fit a Velux for natural lighting and circulation of air.
The floor is going to be strengthened, which is the main reason for the rebuild, with insulation.
The walls are chipboard, which I am going to remove and plasterboard and plaster.
With the layout research and rebuild ongoing.
The positive to the rebuild are:
Stronger floor
A lot more room and larger layout
Higher quality train set :wink:
I'm not looking at the work I have done upto press as a waste, as it has been good fun and learnt a lot, but for the changes, its just not feasible to work around the current layout or modify.
The current base board is chipboard with the land built around the track, in the real world that didn't happen. thats how picky I have got! its that bloody Mumbles (hows turned in to a rivit counter) and Andy who just likes to find fault with everything and take the piss until I cry!

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:23 pm

m.levin wrote:
The current base board is chipboard with the land built around the track, in the real world that didn't happen. ..!

So are you going to build a nice landscape with hills, forests and streams and then dig it out to put a railway in???

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”