Malborough Station, Devon – Kingsbridge Branch 00 gauge.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
redline41190

Re: Malborough Station, Devon – Kingsbridge Branch 00 gauge.

Post by redline41190 »

PeterH wrote:I don't really like anything after BR was formed... I don't know why...
Perhaps its because they "made everything look the same", as in all locomotives were painted the same way and classed etc. Personally I have a soft spot for the SR in its olive green days, but not in the black, sunshine lettering, or malachite phases. Which is why I have 'Etarre' it runs along with my BR stock as a "preserved" loco. But I like the later BR era, since it allows me to run pretty much whatever I want, I'm mixing my western region with my southern region and I'll add a few diesels here and there.

In case I havent mentioned this before, I like your idea for the layout, and you've made some good progress :) keep up the good work :wink:
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

I'm still waiting for these darn baseboards, he can get them cheap you see, and I am pretty skint after all my purchases, I think I need to but three more Collett coaches aswell.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hello
i have just seen your thread for a railway that you are building in and around kingsbridge devon i will be paying paticular attention to this this one as i was born and raised in plymouth in devon and my gran use to live in kingsbridge and my dad use to drive buses up and around the kingsbridge, dartmouth and malborough areas.
so i wish you luck and like i said i will be watching your progress
laira depot