Wenchford Railway- layout to go, open to offers on items

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
User avatar
PeterH
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Watford
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby PeterH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm

One video in two parts of my last visit to Wenchford in late March.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE0oda1PBPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhXPEKlqCwA

Remember to watch them in HD!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 pm

2 New updates, firstly, Castle Class 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgecumbe' Has finally recieved it's double chimney.

Image
Image
Image

Secondly I have finally finished my Great Central Class 9J

Image
Image
Image
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
Mighty
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Mighty » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Great work on the 9J - it has been very well done. Love to see a pic of that and the Director together...
"We've shot off over a million cannon shells, and what's the result? One dachschund with a slight limp." - Blackadder

My layout thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20737

User avatar
roadie stu
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: 81 C

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby roadie stu » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 pm

hi Dan

5043 looks good with the double chimney!!, have you decided on the identity of your next castle and will you be keeping the Tysley theme going?

and will you run a Bristolian at wenchford with 5043 at the helm??

the re-naming of my BR King has been Put on Hold ( again :roll:) so 6002 will be running for a while longer at oldcastle,

Keep up the good work!!

cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Mighty wrote:Great work on the 9J - it has been very well done. Love to see a pic of that and the Director together...


thanks Mighty,
Then you'll love this...
Image
Image


roadie stu wrote:hi Dan

5043 looks good with the double chimney!!, have you decided on the identity of your next castle and will you be keeping the Tysley theme going?

and will you run a Bristolian at wenchford with 5043 at the helm??

the re-naming of my BR King has been Put on Hold ( again :roll:) so 6002 will be running for a while longer at oldcastle,

Keep up the good work!!

cheers

Stu


Thanks Stu, I don't think so, my next castle will be 4084 Aberystwyth Castle, spent a few good times there when going through my teen years.
I take it you saw the train on saturday then, I saw it on friday coming down from Tyseley, I don't have a Bristolian headboard, but i did find a headboard most suitable for 5043, here's a picture. :D

Image

Sorry to hear about your king being put on hold, why has this come about?
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
roadie stu
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: 81 C

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby roadie stu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Dan

the King has been put on hold due to lack of funds :roll: , I did try to order the plates and some other transfers from fox, but the site decided it didn't like my card details :evil: , but it was a bit of a blessing in disguise,

I didn't manage to see the Bristolian run due to work, but I have been watching the video's on youtube, and I have to say it looks like 5043 is a bit of a greyhound!!, a 20 minuite early arrival back at Paddington is proof!!!,

Cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

roadie stu wrote:Hi Dan

the King has been put on hold due to lack of funds :roll: , I did try to order the plates and some other transfers from fox, but the site decided it didn't like my card details :evil: , but it was a bit of a blessing in disguise,

I didn't manage to see the Bristolian run due to work, but I have been watching the video's on youtube, and I have to say it looks like 5043 is a bit of a greyhound!!, a 20 minuite early arrival back at Paddington is proof!!!,

Cheers

Stu


Transfers? You shouldn't need transfers to renumber a BR - ex GWR loco. And as for 20 mins early into Paddington, I heard at one point it was nearer 40 mins early, but then again the timetabling for such runs is so slow, to be on time is easy for most mainline certified locos plus 5043 was on a light load, not to take anything away from it.
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
roadie stu
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: 81 C

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby roadie stu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:Transfers? You shouldn't need transfers to renumber a BR - ex GWR loco. And as for 20 mins early into Paddington, I heard at one point it was nearer 40 mins early, but then again the timetabling for such runs is so slow, to be on time is easy for most mainline certified locos plus 5043 was on a light load, not to take anything away from it.


Hi Dan

the Transfers are for a spare Hornby 8751 body I have, I have removed the GWR transfers off the panniers, and want to replace them with BR crests ( possibly with early crests) so I can use the chassis, but change the body depending on what era I'm running at the time, just got to find a spare top for the body so I can re paint it black, I also need some numberplates for the body as they were missing when I got the body,

Cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby trainsandco » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm

very very very well done with the great central stuff.

Ben
Last edited by trainsandco on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm

trainsandco wrote:very very very well done with the grand central stuff.

Ben


Ben, you mean GREAT CENTRAL
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby trainsandco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm

oh yeah, sorry :?

consider it changed!!!
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 pm

trainsandco wrote:oh yeah, sorry :?

consider it changed!!!


That's better :D
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
Black-Marlin
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: 61A
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Black-Marlin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:Image


Lovely! A D11 and a J11 side by side. :mrgreen:

What's next on the kit-building front?

G

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Black-Marlin wrote:
Pedanticmongrel wrote:Image


Lovely! A D11 and a J11 side by side. :mrgreen:

What's next on the kit-building front?

G


Nope, that's a 11F and 9J :P D11 and a J11 are both LNER locos, I don't see any LNER locos in that picture.
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
iankemp
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Long Eaton, Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby iankemp » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:
trainsandco wrote:oh yeah, sorry :?

consider it changed!!!


That's better :D


BAD BOY BEN!!!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: heda and 22 guests