Page 64 of 80

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 pm
by Pedanticmongrel
Stu, I take it 6024 will be your first renumber job? It was mine, when doing the name plates there are 2 different approches you can have, No1 doesn't look so good but it easier, simply glue the brass ones on top of the printed ones, approach 2 is more risky but can look better if successful, remover the existing nameplates from the middle driving wheel splasher using very sharp scissors or a knife then glue the new plates in place holding with tweezers. if you need any further advice or help feel free to PM me anytime. good luck. :D

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 pm
by roadie stu
hi dan

you are right it will be the one i "pop" my proverbial re numbering cherry on!!, lol, then there will be 2 6024's, My BR double chimney and My Dad's 70's single chimney version ( I'm looking after it on a semi perminant basis!!) 30 odd years old and still running!!

thanks again for the advice, and you will be the first to know if I run into Problems!!, if all goes ok my GW single chimney 6029 might be re numbered as 6023, then possibly the castle as 5051 or 5080, ( then when I run the BR blue stock, steam hauled railtors can look a bit more authentic)

many thanks again

Stu

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 pm
by Pedanticmongrel
roadie stu wrote:thanks again for the advice, and you will be the first to know if I run into Problems!!, if all goes ok my GW single chimney 6029 might be re numbered as 6023, then possibly the castle as 5051 or 5080, ( then when I run the BR blue stock, steam hauled railtors can look a bit more authentic)

Stu


Ooooohh 5051 Drysllywn Castle would be good, double headed with 4930 Hagley Hall!!! I plan to get a second castle, and i was tempted by making it either 5051 or 5080 (especially as 5080 would go with my slowly growing Tyseley contingent) but it will have to be 4084 Aberystwyth Castle because I spent quite a few happy times there in my teen years! And no I shall not give details of such times!

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:01 am
by Pedanticmongrel
I have just finished working on a documentary that is filmed on Wenchford and 3 other layouts, 2 of them belonging to fellow forum members, it is quite long and had to be split into 3 parts, the links and a brief descriptionare below.

A documentary about the Steam locomotive used on the express trains of the Southern Railway and Southern Region of British Railways

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73w7Eh6I0M
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dFb4avyV4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffuPlbjf4w

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am
by Thomas
I liked the videos! As I love all things Southern I had to watch them more than once! Thank you!

Thomas

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am
by trainsandco
wow! very well done with those videos!!!

They are truley brillaint!!

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 pm
by Mighty
Pedanticmongrel wrote:I have just finished working on a documentary that is filmed on Wenchford and 3 other layouts, 2 of them belonging to fellow forum members, it is quite long and had to be split into 3 parts, the links and a brief descriptionare below.

A documentary about the Steam locomotive used on the express trains of the Southern Railway and Southern Region of British Railways

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73w7Eh6I0M
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dFb4avyV4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffuPlbjf4w


Outstanding videos - a happy half an hour spent watching these, and thanks for spending the time editing to make them fit to the sounds, which must have taken a lot of planning. Nice to see visits to the Bluebell, Whimsey Hill and Wenchford as well as Hinton Parva.

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm
by Pedanticmongrel
Thanks for your positive feedback guys, off the back of this I might go on and make similar videos for the LMS, GWR, LNER and BR.

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm
by Pedanticmongrel
Time for a Wenchford update.

I have been away for a week and a bit. Just got home last night to a guilplates order, so i finally finished renumbering my A4 and put the new headboard on 34027 Taw Valley. Pictures.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm
by manormadman
nice, 5051 would be a great idea. Pedanticmongrel, is the 28XX been changed to loco drive? as on my 28XX i can see a cog out the bottom of the tender and i couldnt see it in the pics of yours. also have u got a manor? :?:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 am
by Pedanticmongrel
manormadman wrote:nice, 5051 would be a great idea. Pedanticmongrel, is the 28XX been changed to loco drive? as on my 28XX i can see a cog out the bottom of the tender and i couldnt see it in the pics of yours. also have u got a manor? :?:


yeah the 28xx is loco drive, the tender is from a 68xx (grange) and the motor and chassis are from a hornby 8F. I do have a 78xx (Manor), 7823 "Hook Norton Manor"

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 am
by manormadman
cheers, the southern video was great :D

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm
by roadie stu
Pedanticmongrel wrote:Time for a Wenchford update.

I have been away for a week and a bit. Just got home last night to a guilplates order, so i finally finished renumbering my A4 and put the new headboard on 34027 Taw Valley. Pictures.

Image
Image
Image
Image



hi Dan

you've got it spot on!!! :D

Image

Cheers

Stu

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:19 pm
by Pedanticmongrel
Stu! I'm glad you approve! If ever you want it to do a railtour on your layout I'll bring it down!

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 am
by Pedanticmongrel
I have just finished a video of the recent fun run at my club, it can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3VoR1KbPgs
There are several Wenchford locomotives in the video and a couple from the Bluebell model railway, see if you can spot them. :D