Wenchford Railway- layout to go, open to offers on items

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:00 pm

which one was the l/e ?
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby tom92240 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 pm

ViTrains*

User avatar
bizzyd6405
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Chatham

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby bizzyd6405 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 pm

the TPO looks great, i've been waiting for Modelzone to release them as i want the 1990's one.

cheers

Darren

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm

76079 has just been photographed at wenchford with support coach 35508 this was painted for my by forum member shoddy127 and a very nice job he has made of it too.

Image
Image
Image
Image
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby kennyGWSR » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:53 pm

very nice. i cant wait to see your 9600. im soo jealous of most your locos now.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

jack richards
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby jack richards » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:08 pm

First time I have seen this thread. Love the layout and the viaduct. :D

Great train shots too. Look forward to seeing more.

Good to see someone using the correct lamp codes, I have a thing about that :roll:

Jack

jack richards
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby jack richards » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:Just been working on one of my GCR 8K's, the livery is now fully applied, just got the change the saftey valve to a different type in the future and move the step and a few other alterations to make it 100% accurate.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Superb work on the lining fantastic :!:

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:44 pm

jack richards wrote:First time I have seen this thread. Love the layout and the viaduct. :D

Great train shots too. Look forward to seeing more.

Good to see someone using the correct lamp codes, I have a thing about that :roll:

Jack


ahh the codes are all glued on so aren't always right, i tend to put the code for the particular locomotives main duty, for example a GCR 8K has the "mineral or empties" code as it's usually on freight.
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

jack richards
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby jack richards » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 am

Well much better than no codes!!

I drill out my lamps and then put a tiny bit of blue tack in the hole. Works well and then you can change the lamps.

Jack

User avatar
mattmay05
Posts: 1952
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: Isle Of Wight
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Had a little visit to Dan's Benchford layout, :D took a few locos over to see how they run, as I had not been there since railex which was the end of May. Locos taken were, SECR O1, A1 Terrier, N15, and Normandy.

I took a couple of pictures:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

And on a side note, one of Dan's locos came to my layout for a bit of TLC, and some new Wheel pickups, to improve the running, which has apparently helped, and is now running better :)

Image

Stewart Gethin
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bow street, Wales

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby Stewart Gethin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Who makes the cambrian coast loco? i would love to have one. or is it scratchbuilt?

Thanks, Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby tom92240 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:Who makes the cambrian coast loco? i would love to have one. or is it scratchbuilt?

Thanks, Stew.


What, 76079?

Thats a Bachmann 2-6-0 Standard 4, where Dan has added the headboard, homemade flags, and the support coach is a Bachmann Mk2 BFK which another forum member has done up in the guise of 76079's actual support coach she ran with in 2007 or 8 or something :)

Stewart Gethin
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bow street, Wales

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby Stewart Gethin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:51 pm

tom92240 wrote:
Stewart Gethin wrote:Who makes the cambrian coast loco? i would love to have one. or is it scratchbuilt?

Thanks, Stew.


What, 76079?

Thats a Bachmann 2-6-0 Standard 4, where Dan has added the headboard, homemade flags, and the support coach is a Bachmann Mk2 BFK which another forum member has done up in the guise of 76079's actual support coach she ran with in 2007 or 8 or something :)



Ah damn, i see the cambrian coast go past regularly so i wouldnt mind having one. would be a nice addition to my stock. take over from my hornby railroad mallard. :/ damn. thanks for that anyway. :cry: :cry:
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby tom92240 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:
Ah damn, i see the cambrian coast go past regularly so i wouldnt mind having one. would be a nice addition to my stock. take over from my hornby railroad mallard. :/ damn. thanks for that anyway. :cry: :cry:


They're very good locos (both in real life and as a model). I have 2 examples, only issue being a friend of Dans, my 76079 cannot visit his layout as duplicates would be silly! So mine is crying out for change of identity (or rehoming...possibly).

Stewart Gethin
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bow street, Wales

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway- GCR 8K No26 page 73

Postby Stewart Gethin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm

tom92240 wrote:
Stewart Gethin wrote:
Ah damn, i see the cambrian coast go past regularly so i wouldnt mind having one. would be a nice addition to my stock. take over from my hornby railroad mallard. :/ damn. thanks for that anyway. :cry: :cry:


They're very good locos (both in real life and as a model). I have 2 examples, only issue being a friend of Dans, my 76079 cannot visit his layout as duplicates would be silly! So mine is crying out for change of identity (or rehoming...possibly).


let me know if you sell it, i might..... :P
but even then i probably wont be able too. i see the real life one pulling the cambrian coast train over the dovey bridge to and from aberdovey,tywyn etc. the bridge is between Machynlleth and Borth its quite a spectacular site for someone who sees a arriva sprinter everyday... all day.

Thanks,

Stew
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058


Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 34 guests