Fosse Park Sishades obviously titled layout (photo warning)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
BR125

Re: Fosse Park Sishades obviously titled layout (photo warning)

Postby BR125 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

The viaduct is excellent and I love the street seen too,scratch building at it's best! :D

Regards
Daz
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 am

Hi mate

That viaduct was rather smartly done, though it took you rather longer than usual...did you pause to make a cup of tea half-way through? :P

That really looks the nuts though mate. Really reminds me of the approaches to Leicester Central with the foliage...gonna cram some more on their perchance? ;)

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 am

I was going to log off atfer popping my own stuff online, but taken a moment to look through other peops stuff. mate, i love the bridge work, but liking the terraces behind, top stuff :)

...not bad for a Leicester fan :wink: :lol:

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP POMPEEEEEEEEEY! :lol: :lol:

sishades

Postby sishades » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 am

I am not totally happy with the viaduct, I may rip up the rails and make it a disused line, and weather the ballast abit as at the moment it is a bit bright.

It was a hot Chocolate.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

sishades

Postby sishades » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

I was sitting on the loo this morning waiting for my daily movement and to fill in the time I thought that I would post an update. Not a big one mind you but just as thrilling all the same. I was not happy with the goods shed that I constructed a while back so a new one was bashed together using the usual sticky backed plastic, glue,brick papers from you know who and a grown up to do the cutting. However I deviated slightly from the plans and did a stretch job on it..

I have deliberately not glued the roof in place as I will be adding lights to it in the near future

Rather than use the provided platform sheet I opted for some Peco platform sides that I had lying around in my dungeon,

Since I was not totally happy with the freight yard I ripped it all up and have started playing around with a new plan but with Peco Electrofrog points for extra smoooothness. I painted the table black and here it is, although it is far from completion due to a cash flow problem ie the flow is going in the wrong direction.

Hang on a mo.....uuuuuunnnnnnnggggggg.......false alarm so on with the updates. I have also gotten around to filling in the gaps between my tracks. On the long straight at the rear I thought that the view needed breaking up so armed with some hot water I removed a strip of medium grey ballast and replaced it with something a bit more earthy....

I liked the look of it and proceeded to fill in the gap between the viaduct and the tracks and other gappy bits..

This gave me the confidence to tackle the area next to the canal behind the main engine sheds. This line has been disguised to look abandoned with a lot of rubbish laying around but it is actually my programming track.

An overhead view

Since my last posting the large electricity cable has been removed enabling me to add some greenery to the embankment at the rear.........

The next part to be tackled was the branch line heading off parallel with the viaduct. A signal box was stuck down and some paving slabs added to give the occupant a more homely feel along with the obligatory scrap iron.The grassy knoll has now been extended to the end of the baseboard and the retaining walls extended to match

Kerspploshhh...ahh thats better. Anyhow Fosse Park may be nearing an end. Running quality is fine but it could be better and there are some niggles which are becoming a bug bear. Also I would like to move the station from the hatch side over to the other side and replace the hatch with some girder bridges. I have yet to make the final decision regarding its future but it all depends on some business I need to do in the next month or so.

Now where is that small golden labrador puppy dog...........
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

To me, this is far too good and too well done to rip up.
Please find some other way
rocketman

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Impressive improvements/creations all round Sir!
I do like those long runs of track you have :)

taytrain

Postby taytrain » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 pm

looking good, nice work

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 am

A small update. I sprinkled some dust onto my layout and look what happened......

Yup....it is no more. Long live Fosse Central. I just got fed up with the poor running. This time I shall use planed wood instead of elastic bands and blue tack to make the baseboards. Oh and building a station over a loft hatch really was not the best of ideas.

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 am

Whoah! Once again another brutal end to a layout. What on earth was in that dust that you sprinkled on it? Dynamite? Anyway it takes some guts to rip up a layout completely like this, certainly one you have been working on for a long time. I ripped up my first version of the layout in six months. I went through the same situation that there were too many niggles that simply couldn't be ironed out.

Now at least you have a blank canvass to get the layout how you really want it, so I’m looking forward to seeing how this one develops.

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am

I hope those fantastic buildings survived!
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:14 pm

All of the buildings have been saved.

Black-Marlin

Postby Black-Marlin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Ooof, it's sad to see this one go. However, I can't wait to see Fosse Park Mk.2, and I really do hope that the new version runs as well as you would like! I will, as always, be watching with interest...

Regards,
Gavin

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Takes a degree of strong determination to say "no I can do better" and start again from the ground up. I found that after having to crate up everything, put it in store for six months and start again on a different site I had a clear idea of where I could make improvements and progress was fairly rapid. Looking forward to the new version.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Postby Eastern » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Sad to see Fosse Park go - takes some courage to actually start the demolition. Look forward to FP2! Keep those 'true' anecdotals coming! :D
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”
William S Gilbert

Charles

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”