Rheilffordd Cilcewydd - Croeso! Welcome!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Blaqkaudio009

Re: Rheilffordd Cilcewydd - Croeso! Welcome!

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 am

thanks, i got the model off parkside, a great kit. yeah i was chuffed (..pun..) with how the bridge turned out, it should look pretty good with the landscape finished, Ollie has gone on holiday and left me with a target to reach before he gets back! i have to finish up to the halt, and also get a short video done! :? going to moming in an hour or so, my dads coming aswell so i guess the amount i buy will be limited! i want to grab some plasticard so i can build a diesel, also hopefully a couple of coaches, staying with the talyllyn theme i would like the ex corris coach, and the glyn valley coach aswell. when the layouts progressed a bit further i will start buying ffestiniog coaches aswell for prince and the double fairlie. i should also buy landscape stuff from moming, grass, more hedge (i was deciding on a hedges last night, found how i will do it, just need to buy a lot more of the stuff!) could do with a minidrill so i can start on the fence aswell. and if my dads not looking there chances of a new loco :lol: should probably aim to get mine running first! im getting prince's chassis from the ffestiniog when i go (maybe next week). i wont do a update until Ollies back then ill do a big one.

also henry i was watching your videos on youtube last night i didnt realise it was you until i saw your name (duh)! loving it!

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:22 am

Great job, the viaduct looks the bis!
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:38 pm

cheers bud,

Moming was good, not enough traid stands for my liking though, the only thing i managed to walk away with was a pair of ex-glyn valley talyllyn coaches, one of which has been built and painted, the other i will do tomorrow,

my dad and i are thinking of going into 7mm, after talking to a couple of chaps on the 7mm society stand, looks alot smoother than 009!

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:38 pm

cheers bud,

Moming was good, not enough traid stands for my liking though, the only thing i managed to walk away with was a pair of ex-glyn valley talyllyn coaches, one of which has been built and painted, the other i will do tomorrow,

my dad and i are thinking of going into 7mm, after talking to a couple of chaps on the 7mm society stand, looks alot smoother than 009!

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 am

Yea 7mm scale is alot smoother but it takes up twice as much space and prices are more then doubled from 009

good buy on the Glyn Valley coaches, ive been trying to cheaply get a hold of some for a while but no sucsess.

btw If you want smooth as 7mm scale runnning with 009, replace the bachmann chassis with these:

http://www.n-driveproductions.com/
[center]Image[/center]

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:57 am

Yea 7mm scale is alot smoother but it takes up twice as much space and prices are more then doubled from 009

good buy on the Glyn Valley coaches, ive been trying to cheaply get a hold of some for a while but no sucsess.

btw If you want smooth as 7mm scale runnning with 009, replace the bachmann chassis with these:

http://www.n-driveproductions.com/

add dirt and muck between the ballast and grass, it tends to look weird and too new without
[center]Image[/center]

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 pm

yeah ill be weathering pretty much everything as you could probably expect!

ive been working on the river and surroundings, thought id get this done whilst waiting for my static grass/puffer and plasticard order to arrive, it looks pretty good as i have weathered the dirt edges. i took a walk down to the river and took loads of photos, thats was when i caught my photo comp snap, take a look in the competion thread!

i went to the talyllyn yesterday and got measurements for Alf, and millions of photos, so im changing the measurements to 4mm in the middle of layering varnish on the river and sea bed. i thought id build it up with varnish before using realistic water because when i tested it, the R.W. soaked into the sea bed, so it would waste loads of it.

i have also done a lot of work around the station area, giving disabled access to the platform, and giving more terrain to the back of the carpark.

also the first fasia boards are on the front of the layout, looks much more proffesional!
photos will be in the big update in two weeks

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Sounds really good, Im looking foreward to seeing how it turns out. I read on the L&B layout site thing that the E-Z water is always sticky and attracts flys and dust, so... backup plan :P? i need ideas nd help miself mate.

btw are there many chavs in ur part of wales? :roll:
[center]Image[/center]

santene

Postby santene » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:57 pm

HenryBlue wrote:btw are there many chavs in ur part of wales? :roll:

heh :lol: :lol: :lol:

ino they are in middlesbrough if that helps?
Last edited by santene on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 pm

no it doesnt lol, du u mean the middle of Wales or middlesburough the east coast Eengland pollution dump? :P

btw were did you get the chassis for Dolgoch? uv made it look sexy :twisted: lol
[center]Image[/center]

santene

Postby santene » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am

middlesbrough the polluted dump... its a baaaaaaad place to live i want my dad to move but he wont...
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 am

ive added water to the quay and river, sand is finished, ballasting up to the bridge is all done and weathered, stone wall has been built, painted and weathered, bachmann 0-4-0 chassis bought for Sir Haydn, greenwich couplings bought for pretty much all stock (except tippers cuz there fine and the slate wagons) track has been cleaned and points are working now (they stopped when the ballast and stuff went down), a couple of houses re stuck down on backboard where they looked wonky.

a couple of stuff done, things im waiting to do:
static grass (not arrived)
finish platform (no more ballast yet)
car park (im dodging it cuz its a boring part!)

dolgoch is just on the normal 06-0 that people use with the middle axle taken out

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 pm

SELLING LOCOS

ive decided to keep my railway run by small locos, the ones staying are:
Dolgoch
Sir Haydn
Prince
Edward Thomas

so im selling the double fairlie kit with the right chassis,
Yeo (body only)
Prince of Wales (with yeos minitrix 2-6-2 chassis)

im letting you know first so if you want them you can look out for them, im most likely putting them on ebay tonight, but if anyone has any decent offers before then they can probably have them!

if your wandering what the money will be going to, it'll most likely be cackler or linda or another tiny train!

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:57 am

your doing the right thing mate, im doing the same, yet people are asking me to make WHR Russel... WHY?

btw mate I can do moulds and stuff for some things and i remember you posting that you wanted to Do TR No6 as Duncan, if you want i can do it for you including the creepy face... uncreepified plus lining hint, transfers are fun :P btw the mintrix chassis give the best running I think personally for TR No 6

and my mate has got the Chivers Sir Haydn kit on a ibertren... it looks ****ing mint 8) loads butter then the bachmann chassis, and the body is acculy ast the right hight too, so miricle, should be archived with a flieshmann. if youve already got the chassis for SH then keep it for either Douglas... somehow or the invisible Talyllyn kit :roll:

compared to the TR locos the so called tiny trains are massive, specially cackler :P linda is your best option, go insaine and ressurect another Falcon loco out of the kit you got :twisted:

seriously most of the kit is fried of the Rodders kit but a transformation, ressurection of corris 1 :P bachmann or n drive chassis fits the kit beutifully aswell

These are MSTS 3D models made by Kevin Martin and theyre Corris No1 then 2 underneath

No 1

No 2

[center]Image[/center]

zabdiel

Postby zabdiel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Blaqkaudio009 wrote:ive decided to keep my railway run by small locos.

Good choice! It'll seem much more consistent. I'm not too keen on layouts which mix locos from all the famous NG lines. Though I'm sure I'll be tempted to buy locos which don't fit the style of my line. Once I've decided what that is of course. :wink:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”