Rheilffordd Cilcewydd - Croeso! Welcome!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
02_tank_buff

Re: Rheilffordd Cilcewydd - Croeso! Welcome!

Postby 02_tank_buff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:09 am

I agree its my favourite in Wales, but overall my favourite narrow gauge is the Harz in Germany...12 locos operating at once!!!! Nice work there, Blaqk. :D :D

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 am

i never knew they were called that! and i was actually thinking about getting one, but is backwards the only place i take it?

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Blaqkaudio009 wrote:i never knew they were called that! and i was actually thinking about getting one, but is backwards the only place i take it?

Backwards? I'm confused, you referring to the place or the operation of the locomotive?
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:44 pm

backwards minitures the place

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh right1 i thought you were referring to the WHR! lol, I have no idea who makes them in 009, all I know is the G scale ones they had on the Accucaft stand at Warley last year had me drewling!
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

zabdiel

Postby zabdiel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:36 pm

£160 to Backwoods miniatures and a lot of work building it is your only option. The price isn't bad as it includes everything (and it has two motors), but building it is another thing. They're supposed to be very nice kits but it's going to be fun assembling that valve gear however well the kit is made! I'd like one too one day. That or the DHR D Class Garratt.

Oh - they make the NGG16 RTR in On30 or O16.5 if you've got £1300 so spend :mrgreen:

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:10 am

a loco for next year then..

Sammydaman

Postby Sammydaman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:25 pm

lol here mentioned in my other post is why i like garden railways alot (taken by mee at Llechfan gardne railway in tywyn wharf)
http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightra ... ID=7383020
http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightra ... ID=7383061
http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightra ... ID=7383062
http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightra ... ID=7383053

sorry for putting theese on your thread im tryng to work out how to make one lol i had a great day wheni was runnign my team engine there

and i cant get my photos to work on here so i put the links to my site
Last edited by Sammydaman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 'chuff chuff' of the garden railways the smell of meths and gas and safety vales blowing of everywhere :P

my site http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightrailway/

Sammydaman

Postby Sammydaman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 pm

yay i won some penyhrn quarry work mans coaches (3) and a wagon for only £11 yyaaaay
The 'chuff chuff' of the garden railways the smell of meths and gas and safety vales blowing of everywhere :P

my site http://www.freewebs.com/blanfordlightrailway/

MTA

Postby MTA » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 pm

02_tank_buff wrote:I agree its my favourite in Wales, but overall my favourite narrow gauge is the Harz in Germany...12 locos operating at once!!!! Nice work there, Blaqk. :D :D

I went there in February last year, it then became my favourite narrow gauge line!

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 am

i went to shrewsbury model centre the other day as i went down to meet my dad at his work, and i managed to buy some realistic water ready for the sea. ive tested a bit, but it seems to sink down into the sand :lol: also i got some figures, wavers, tourists and hikers - i mean what else are usually at narrow gauge railways!

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Update - a fine prince for a fine kingdom..

i won a langely model Prince the other day at £23 brand new. it arrived yesterday, built this afternoon, paint tonight. although i dont have the chassis yet, (ill buy it from the Ffestiniog when i go up maybe next week if the weather is nice,) i do have the same chassis in a broken non running state, so i built it to that chassis and the next one will take its place when i get it. its a nice kit with easy assembly, especially after attempting a double fairlie! i managed to get it sitting pretty low first time somehow, so this is it at the moment, i have let little detail and sandboxes etc off until after main painting is done

other happenings have included the glueing down of ballast in the yard and station FINALLY!!! :D i have started to weather this, first with some rusty sand stuff, which represents the running rust colour from the rails, next will be oil/grime etc.
you can see on the photo, the right side of the track done, the left hasent

the end of the platfrom is slowely taking shape with a 'staff only' sign hanging across it.

i adapted some of the hikers i bought to look like there crabbing on the quay side!
looks nice.

also bought some bins for the side of the station, this is one i am in the middle of weathering

justsome other photos taken

more updates on prince etc soon

zarniwhoop

Postby zarniwhoop » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Is the station building based on Porthmadog ? Now that the station building is finished and in place, it certainly has that feel about it.

ĸen

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:52 pm

yeah it is, obviously not exactly to ithe origional, but yeah that was where the insperation came from!

a bit mroe news on prince, it has been primed and also had the black sprayed on, green or red will go on tomorrow, i havent decided which yet

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 pm

The Layout is looking brilliant so far looking really realistic. btw when you do the water its best you wipe it every few days because it collects ALOT of dust :?

the couplings on prince, mainly the front ones i think need shortening, the head on mine is only 2.5mm out from the Bufferbeam

When it comes around to doing your trees, make them very fine because, an advantage you got is you have a fan :P have on just slighty and it looks even more realistic because if the branches and leave blowing in the wind, you always see that in real life nomatter what the weather and where the the water tower is, you need something to simulate moss in areas where it would be damp like the quay wall.

btw do the point switches acculy work? my expierence doesnt stretch very far :D
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”