Phil's Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Puff the magic dragon

Postby Puff the magic dragon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:28 am

It's alright for you to say don't despair, I'm on 10mg of clozaril a day due to this so called pastime :) I don't think it would work using other areas of the loft as it is dusty, also there is just enough space to work on all sides of the layout. Reflecting on the progress, I feel it is coming on, in that Rome wasn't built in a day! Just somedays I feel that nothing is happening, guess that's why I'm on the clozaril :wink:

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:46 pm

There is some days when i feel that nothing is getting done i spent weeks designing a trackplan and everytime i looked at what i had i always had new ideas to make it better,and when i couldn't think of anything i leave it for afew days and then go back to working on it again with new ideas.

It just takes time thats all like you said rome wasn't built in a day,but you could always have a layout around the loft with a central operating well and got the layout around you and you in the middle.

Puff the magic dragon

Postby Puff the magic dragon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 am

Well today is the day that I finally get something nailed down, hurrah. :D Been down the post office and have recieved five left hand turnouts and two right hand turnouts, plus a Dapol SR CCT utility van. Does anybody know what CCT stands for? I'm going to link it up to a class 37 plus wagons would this be realistic? Pic's will follow.
Phil

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:39 am

Best of luck Phil, I think everything will beccome clear once you get a bit of track down. And you'll probably see your wife again in about seven years time :wink:

Keep the pics coming, any problems ask away!

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell

Puff the magic dragon

Postby Puff the magic dragon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:49 am

Well I'm going to the loft now and in the words of that courageous Captain Oates "I may be some time"

DonB

Postby DonB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Puff the magic dragon wrote: Does anybody know what CCT stands for?

Yep... It stands for "Covered Carriage Truck".

As for nothing getting done... I am at the stage of wiring my layout; there are 50+ points, all wired to operate electrically AND to display their setting on a mimic board. (I am using conventional DC control, just to make life interesting...)
I am concentrating on the wiring before I embark on any scenic work (although part of the track has been ballasted).

It can be fairly depressing to go into the loft and see the topside of the layout looking EXACTLY the same as you left it after your last marathon session, even when I know damn well I spent X-number of hours wiring and fitting those point motors!
Then to make it worse the other half comes into the loft and pipes up: "You haven't done much!" :lol:
Last edited by DonB on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don

My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?t=14899

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:31 pm

You been down into the celler to dig this one up DonB it last saw the light of day on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:49 am, I think he'll have found the answer out by now :lol: :lol:
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

DonB

Postby DonB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 pm

sanctuary wrote:You been down into the celler to dig this one up DonB it last saw the light of day on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:49 am, I think he'll have found the answer out by now :lol: :lol:

:lol:

To be honest, I didn't look at the post date, I am just browsing through old posts, trying to draw some inspiration/enthusiasm! :lol: :lol:

And, I don't have a cellar! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don

My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?t=14899

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:43 pm

You must be in the back pages of the Personal layout pages hope you can find your way back, I've been there and it's creepy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 am

I better post an update on my layouts soon as there falling down into the obis! :lol:
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:34 am

Puff the magic dragon wrote:Well I'm going to the loft now and in the words of that courageous Captain Oates "I may be some time"

understatement of the year [2005 that is]

is anyone else worried that he said he was off to the loft in 2005 and hasn't been back since? :shock:

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 am

mumbles wrote:
Puff the magic dragon wrote:Well I'm going to the loft now and in the words of that courageous Captain Oates "I may be some time"

understatement of the year [2005 that is]

is anyone else worried that he said he was off to the loft in 2005 and hasn't been back since? :shock:

No......

he's a Magic Dragon
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

You mean bunch, you realise this guy is on about taking Clozaril and then on about going to the loft....like years ago.........you don't think he's dead up there do you??????.......I'm only saying cos obviously it could mean some cheap stuff on ebay???
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:13 pm

wow kool layout

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :roll:
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:04 pm

WOW spooky I typed in the date he last posted Fri Nov 11, 2005 into a google image search and found This

I TOLD YOU IT WAS CREEPY BACK THERE :shock: :shock: :shock:
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”