Horsted Keynes OO, - Captain Baxter Kit available.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Adam

Re: A Layout based on a Southern Type station.

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Nice one Matt 8)

Hoping to start my layout soon :D

I have a spreadsheet i made of all the loco's used on the Bluebell Railway which lists if i found them available to buy and where from. I can email it to you if your interested ?
Cheers
Adam

mattmay05

Re: Bluebell Line - Horsted Keynes station Layout

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:49 am

Yes that would be great! Thanks.

Right well some small progress... I havent been able to do much in recent weeks as I've been in hospital (Oh what fun!) so the railway has had a small rest but... now i'm back I raised some money to progress futher.

2 loco's Have been sold on to buy a new engine, which will be reliable and a good runner. The 2 locos sold were the LMS Jinty, and a cheap hornby Queen Mary number 43, 0-4-0 tank.

A new M7 Tank has been ordered and I hope will be here next week...

Also some detail will be added to the stations.. 3 water crains have been purchased at a great cost of £4 (That blew the buget!) and they will be repainted in the week to mimic the ones on the Bluebell.

Ive Also put a guitar on ebay to fun another new loco or some freight. There is now just one piece of track which i need to replace, and that is a Left hand point. I hope I can buy one of these either towards the end of this month or beginning of next. Then the layout should be 100% reliable and working.

More soon!

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Some more progress and up dates... Firstly recieved my Water Cranes yesterday and i spent the day... modifying them by repainting them. They came out quite well i think!

And today the New Loco turned up, an M7 tank really like these... and may get another in the future!

Last edited by mattmay05 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:56 pm

I love that new loco, it blends right in with your layout, are you planning to weather it?
Also nice job on those water towers, are you going to put them on the platforms?
Keep up the good work :wink:
Kind regards, Jed

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:18 pm

nah, i always disliked weathering... and it wouldnt really go with the layout.

Yes they are on the platforms already.... see pics.

And thanks for the comment.

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Right some updates.

Over the past few months, just some general maintance has been going on, A set of left hand points have been replaced down the far end of the layout, so now i dont have to run and hold it when running round trains.

In November, a new loco was purchased, Blackmoor vale un rebuilt pacific, same as the Bluebell line.

Also this month, I purchased 3 Teak clerestory coaches, to start a small project. As some of you know the Bluebell railway has a set of 4 Metropolitan coaches (Chesham push pull set). I've always want to get some of these coaches but with the prices of the Met kits at £46 there was no way i could afford 4.

So me being cheap, and trying to use my brain (which is rare) I started searching for coaches similar to the Mets on the Bluebell. After a couple of weeks I found some similar.. which were the clerestory coaches from the Old smokey set. A bit of luck i found 3 on ebay, and paid £15 for them.

A day or 2 later I recieved them and started the work to conver them. Of course the roofs are different on the clerestory coaches so those get binned, and new ones brough. Transferes were purchased from Radley Models.

This is how they look at the moment.... Roofs to follow, and progress from start to finish... If anyones interested ill write it alll down if anyone wants to try as well.

71/4Nick

Postby 71/4Nick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Really like those met coaches m8!!!!!!!! top job :)

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:54 pm

I must say you've done a great job with so little, looking forward to having the finished article visit Wenchford! :D
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks man,

Yes its been an interesting project... could do with one more coach as they were shorter than i thought... but ahh well, Good news is the roofs have been brought tonight finished articals should be posted up soon!

Thanks for the comments

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi Matt

Mate, they are awesomw carriages :) As a proud owner of an LNER Quad-art I fully appreciate how bloody good your carriages really are...and no, I didn't make them myself which i guess makes yours even better, lol!

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:07 pm

mattmay05 wrote:Thanks man,

Yes its been an interesting project... could do with one more coach as they were shorter than i thought... .........

There was a pair of 'em in the "For Sale" column of this very forum earlier this week ....have a look through the old posts.
edit .....yup,found it,check out post by "josh993" ....dated 13th Dec ... :wink:

hth

T.
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks... sadly not quite intime.. i just brought a kit coach... a suburban coach kit from Ratio, which again is similar.

Hey Tim thanks very much kind words.... its fun to have a challenge especially when your on a budget,

Lewis Nash

Postby Lewis Nash » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm

the coach conversion is coming along well :wink: ,are they hornby models?.also the water towers for the platforms look better black and white,makes them look more realistic and they suit the station good. :)

lewis
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Hey

Yes the coaches were originally Hornby clerestory coaches which i sourced off ebay, these were the closest i could find. I had never seen one in real life, and when i got them, I was very happy cause there very short in lengh like Met coaches, and had a similar compartment arrangement.

So i thought I'd give it ago... and ive sourced the white roofs so they should be finished by next weekend...

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey

Small update, all 3 of the Met coaches are finished still waiting for my Suburban coach kit to arrive to make it number 4. so here are some shots of the 3 complete coaches,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”