Horsted Keynes OO, - Captain Baxter Kit available.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
sleeper

Re: Horsted Keynes - East Grinstead, OO, detailing, scenics.

Postby sleeper » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:36 pm

The thing I love about your layout Matt is the colours, so bright and the stark lining too, although some weathering is cleverly done and makes for a realistic model I think I like your approach best. Like my old army days, bull is the order of the day!

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks for your comments Sleeper.... must be extremely good weathering as I haven't done any to locos or stock... or really to the layout.

sleeper

Postby sleeper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I like your layout cos it's clean and bright just like a real preserved railway should be, all bulled up.

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you sleeper for that, yes something ive been thinking about for a while, is the coaches are too clean, the body is fine but on the underframes are dirty from rust kicked up by wheels or just general dirt so something to look for the future adding some weathering to the underside.

Whilst on coaches, progress has been continuing slowly on the LNWR observation car, first few dark coats of LNWR Plum have gone on to the coach, to be followed by white today. Work still needs to be done on the interior on adding the seat back.

You can follow all progres on our facebook group, Twitter, or on the Kit build forum.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattwicksBMR
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/39756797420/
Kit / Workbench: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29828&start=120

Also have started adding posts to the model photography thread, adding a set of images per loco, trying to show them off in the best way possible, I have already added No 3, Captain Baxter and Bachmann's 9F 92240

Link: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17445&start=60

Thanks for looking please feel free to comment.

Cypher VII

Postby Cypher VII » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 am

Looks really good matt, like the pictures of the 9F in the photo thread! I mus say i've seen lots of people try and do preserved railways, but yours is the best by far!

-Jack :)

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Thank you Jack, cant say Ive seen to many, a few younger members of clubs do preservation / modern image and combined the 2.. Preservation image is not popular at this moment in time... but I think as time goes by it will... I will keep the photos going a few a week on each particular loco..

As Im quite busy with another project so they will take some time... as no-one is looking at it on the Kit build section...

siquelme

Re: Horsted Keynes OO, detailing, scenics, LNWR Observation

Postby siquelme » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Fab job you have achieved on the LNWR Observation car.

Looking forward to seeing it in action at Horsted Keynes
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks Siquelme, It will be some time yet before it is complete interior still needs to got back in, glazing for windows, still lining for the panels, all work on this coach can be found on the Kit build forum :wink:

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Its now finished :) LNWR observation car... completed this morning... finally after 2 and a half years.

The workbench thread has been updated, with the final bits and pieces done to it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29828&start=150

There is also a small video done as well, only a very short one as not been feeling great today, and the layout or half of it is in a few bits and not a complete circuit.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44J4YbgDMGw

mattmay05

Re: Horsted Keynes OO, Third and final P-Class...

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm

A few bits of news...

The 3rd and final P-Class has been in build for a couple of months, with this build I had the crazy ambition of doing the full SECR livery. After a few visits to the Bluebell to take photos of various parts of the SECR livery, and many hours behind the computer trying to get a close enough colour match to the paint I was using, about a week and a bit ago, I finally finished the loco.

The 3rd and final SECR P-Class, No 27 - Primrose.

You can follow the build of the P-Class on the Kit build section of the forum, or click on the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29828&start=165

Also a new item of rolling stock arrived, the recently arrived Bachman 25Ton Pillbox Brake van (SR) The Bluebell has one of these in SR livery, there is another to a similar spec, which was ordered from SR in around the 1940's by the MOD, for the war effort, and these have a similar appearence, but are fitted ith Vacuum brakes... with the cylinders being on the main running deck.

There great little brake vans, all be lack of where to put some of the underframe detail, in the form of a guide or a diagram... was not great... but soon figured it out...

Until next time, thats all for now.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Another super little build.
Looks great, you must be pleased with it.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Geoff
Im happy with the build as its another step forward from the other P-Class kits always looking to go a step further, all be the next kit / scratch buiklld might be a step too far but shall find out soon. Thanks for the comment.

manna

Postby manna » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:34 am

G'Day Gents

Excellent loco, bet the lining was a right ********, a P class is not the biggest loco around, really great work. :mrgreen:

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks Manna, appreciate the comment cheers :)

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Final Updates of 2012.

Its been quite a year for the layout, 2 magazines quite a bit new rolling stock, and quite a few new locos, the C-Class, H2 Atlantic, USA Tank to name a few.

As anyone knows through following my workbench topic on the Kit build forum:http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29828&start=240

Im a fan of converting RTR locos to get what i need, I recently purchased a Bachmann Ivatt for £28, after spending £30 of new parts, and 2 weeks work i converted this loco in to a BR standard 2MT. The 2 locos are very similar, with a few subtle differences. Again you can read this on the workbech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCKvXzYoAA

Another loco to under go some changes was the SECR H-Class, seeing as I have developed a way of re-producing the SECR livery on these models as seen on the P-Class. The make over also included some repainting of the chassis and repairing / replacing items that had dropped off, like the Brake block hangers. I managed to finish this last week and take it to my local club for a spin. Sadly it didn't feature much due to an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_mp22t0iI

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”