Horsted Keynes OO, - Captain Baxter Kit available.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
35011 GSN

Re: Horsted Keynes - East Grinstead, OO, A New Loco.

Postby 35011 GSN » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:19 pm

looking as excellent as ever! like that cabinet and its contents :wink:

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 am

cheers thanks mate :), might even get some video footage done over the weekend, to work over the winter.

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:02 am

Lovely work on all the loco's, detailing looks great.

Nice collection of loco's in the display cabinet.

Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks Mike for the kind words.

There will be a new video for the end of the year, a take on the Vintage weekend which is coming up in November, which will feature most of the locos listed on the Bluebell events page, including some additional locos which recently been completed.

Video should be completed some time within the next week or 2.

ovenbaked

Postby ovenbaked » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I didn't notice they had a vintage weekend. Shall try to get up there during it.
The cabinet is great, Though is it alright to support them on the flanges? or is it better for them to be railed?
[place holder, WIP]

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes the vintage weekend replaces the SECR weekend which was supposed to be when the H-Class returned, but seeing as that has been delayed its been tweeked slightly.

You can support it on rail if people wish, but doesn't really matter, its not damaging the wheels, or the model, and most of them have been just out on shelves before they were put in the cabinate. I haven't expirenced any problems.

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 pm

I have made a small new video to act as a promo for the layout, as its been well over due, the other which was on the website homepage of my layout was 2 years old... now with the majority of Bluebell loco's i thought it was time to update.

It features most of the newer locos or recently completed, some of the footage is from a longer video which will be online over the next weekend to go hand in hand with the Bluebell's Vintage train weekend Gala.

At the moment some sorting out is going on over the winter of freight stock. Hopefully by next year i will have some better freight stock running... as well as the 20 ton SR brakes from bachmann which will also add to them.

Heres a link to the small Video.
http://youtu.be/BPmGBQwLh7o

Mighty

Postby Mighty » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Great little video Matt. I do like Baxter - you've done a superb job capturing him, and scuttling round the layout is just spot on.

Am off to Wycrail on Saturday - you going?

Chris
"We've shot off over a million cannon shells, and what's the result? One dachschund with a slight limp." - Blackadder

My layout thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20737

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks Chris

Sadly cant go to Wycrail got no transport to it at the weekend, plus not 100%, would like to go but cant see it happening. Enjoy anyway !

ovenbaked

Postby ovenbaked » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm loving your progress. I must say the vintage weekend was nice from what i saw. They had a train with the birdcage brake, 3 4wheelers(riding them goes 1.2.3.BUMP!) and a LSWR bogie brake, and the metropolitan set with the observation car(which really needs an overhaul!) but other than that it was a short Pullman and a set of Mk1s.

I'm happy to take pictures as i plan to be volunteering up there on Sundays, and since they don't have a turntable I shall end up nit-picking when you have stock rotated the wrong way.
[place holder, WIP]

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am

ovenbaked wrote:I'm loving your progress. I must say the vintage weekend was nice from what i saw. They had a train with the birdcage brake, 3 4wheelers(riding them goes 1.2.3.BUMP!) and a LSWR bogie brake, and the metropolitan set with the observation car(which really needs an overhaul!) but other than that it was a short Pullman and a set of Mk1s.

I'm happy to take pictures as i plan to be volunteering up there on Sundays, and since they don't have a turntable I shall end up nit-picking when you have stock rotated the wrong way.

Speaking of nitpicking: You missed out the 100 Seater in the Birdcage set and No Mark 1's turned a wheel during the whole gala.... :D

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 am

I dont have a birdcage at present which is being worked on, if you want to donate £150 towards it Tom it will be gratefully recieved :lol: . As attention has been swapped towards next year which will be a new build.

A video was put up of a model version of the vintage train gala. with some extra locos chucked in.
http://youtu.be/GkcUPJaCqfE

tom92240

Re: Horsted Keynes - East Grinstead, OO, Vintage train gala vid

Postby tom92240 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh gosh! Gladly if I had endless funds! Needless to say having played with the Birdcage this weekend, I want a set now as well!

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Matt,

Some brilliant shots there .... becoming quite a video artist !!
Seeing this has made me dig out my Caledonian kit - saved for these dark evenings.
To think you were working on Normandy when it was last being worked on and how
many have you done since then ? Every one a little masterpiece with good running.
Just love your choice of loco and workmanship.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Well i wouldn't say that really, i think a few videos one done a few weeks ago was better, but thanks anyway. Yeah it was Normandy the last one... since then only one has been purchased and painted and motorized, and that being the USA tank, as i mention before ive switched attention away from loco's and rolling stock unless i see something i need, like a birdcage ect... and decided to concertrate on, a new build in 2012, which will be of course Sheffield park...buildings and scratch building will start in the next month or so, just at this moment looking at ways to do the baseboards and electronics, ect... but making reasonable progress on that... but nothing to show at the moment. :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”