Redbank

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:42 am

A bit more progress i have finally come up with a name for this layout its going to be called ''Redbank'' basically since this layout is based around Manchester Victoria station i felt it right to call it Redbank after Redbank carriage sidings. The idea is that Redbank station is at the northern end of Redbank carriage sidings & caters for any locos that has hauled carriages to redbank. The station is on a branch that loops off thed Bury line then rejoins further up towards Crumpsall. So their is a brief history of the layout now i am home work shall begin within the next couple of week when my baseboards arrive.

Simon.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm following this one with interest Simon! You got some lovely locos there!

All the best.
Rhys

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Cheers Rhys should have a bit more of this layout in the pipework soon im more bothered about getting my rolling stock done for the layout. I need to find a 47 that was regular to Manchester Victoria & possibly a Longsight loco that i can convert hadrian into Then i have un numbered Heljan that needs to be given a number etc. I,ve also spotted another class 40 that is going to become resident to the layout which is a centre headbox loco but with different ends unique i think so thats another loco for the layout. Basically alote of class 40,s that was around Manchester at the time also peaks & 31,s & 25,s which i have a couple of.

Simon.

GaryHN

Redbank

Postby GaryHN » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi other things to think about for this layout is maybe a Class 104 or Class 120 DMU as for the Class 47 I used to remember seeing a few round this area a bit one was 47444 another was 47455 and also 47555 maybe it was just the numbers which stick out, But also you could use the Bachmann sound engine as this would of come down to Manchester on a Newcastle-Liverpool service.
If there are any more things you would like to know feel free to give me a shout, I remeber some good days round there, If you are looking at class 40's 40044 would be a good one this worked the last pasenger train hauled by a class 40 into Manchester Vic.
http://www.dreadful.org.uk/class40pics.htm
If you look on that page it shows a picture of 40044 on the last service, Brings back some good memories.
Gary

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:10 pm

I,ve not given a update for a while this layout is now going into the 21st centuary with my recent stock purchases. Im going for a modern look now with the layout & im finally starting to do some work on the layout. I,ve not done much modelling recently due to family commitments etc. I was going to buy in my baseboards but after a stint at the club building a geoscenes demo layout i think baseboards shouldnt be a problam for me because i found i can do a fair neat job i,ll keep you posted i,ve just got a cheque for £150 so i am going to order everything i need to complete the layout next friday. I am hoping it will be somewhere near done by sunday baseboard wise & then i can start laying track.

Simon.

joshs

Postby joshs » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 pm

sounds good i live near manchester and really like the area around man vic eith miles plating sounds a good idea i am basing my layout at the base of miles platting bank imbetween the main line and the avoiding line to the carriage sidings so i will be watching this with intrest

cheers josh

tinsleytmd

Re: Redbank

Postby tinsleytmd » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Update.

The layout keeps evolving in my head & with the mass of modern image stock & the many class 37,s i own all with welsh names & the plan of the layout i think it might end up like Newport Godfrey rd. I am thinking of adding a SLT onto the layout instead of a thru line its going to come clearer once the wood arrives & i can lay down the trackwork to see how it fits.

Simon.

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Wed May 07, 2008 12:33 am

It seems Redbank could possibly become shelved because i have managed to secure the future of a old layout built to EM standards based on Colne in Lancashire & Yorkshire times including stock. It is going to need alote of work to repair but it is in need of a stable future & i am going to putting all my work into that before Redbank. Redbank is still being built but slowly & on the backburner for now.

Simon.

PS coming soon Colne the layout thread :D :D :D .

02_tank_buff

Postby 02_tank_buff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Nice layout coming along there. Any more pictures? :D :D

DriffCharlie

Postby DriffCharlie » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 pm

02_tank_buff wrote:Nice layout coming along there. Any more pictures? :D :D

Previously......

tinsleytmd wrote:It seems Redbank could possibly become shelved because i have managed to secure the future of a old layout built to EM standards based on Colne in Lancashire & Yorkshire times including stock. It is going to need alote of work to repair but it is in need of a stable future & i am going to putting all my work into that before Redbank. Redbank is still being built but slowly & on the backburner for now.

Simon.

PS coming soon Colne the layout thread :D :D :D .

Might be a clue in there somewhere eh??

Charlie

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”