NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4).

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
montyburns1982

Re: New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout in NSE (Video on page 4)

Postby montyburns1982 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi mate, only just sat down and had a good look through this thread!

Quick question, how did you do the windows in the 08? I just acquired an old one and it looks odd without windows!!

Also, are most of your N scale vehicles PD marsh kits? Were did u get the BR transfers!

Keep up the good work!!
"The greatest fear is not that we set our goals too high, but that we set our goals too low and reach them" - Michelangelo

Tank

Postby Tank » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:23 am

Morning!

I used Kristal Klear (spelling correct! :lol:) for the windows, although I believe that the company changed it's name in the last 6 months. It's like a glue that you put on with a cocktail stick, and then it dries clear. It's easy to do with a couple of goes, and really improves the look of the models!

I can't remember if they're all P&D Marsh, but they're definitely widely available. I think most of them came from ebay. The BR arrows are from Fox Transfers and were leftovers from one of the sheets I had (which was full of Network SouthEast transfers).

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Chris.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Hello Chris,
Wow, what a shock to my "system", suddenly realised just how bad modern-music is :shock: :lol: :P , at least I'm awake and still alive, Hmmm, I think, or died and gone on day-trip to a modern Woodstock :D . With the exception of the "music" I loved the video and the Lay-out looks great. Some music from the 60's/70's would be nice :lol: ,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 am

:D The song by is 29 years old, so it's not really modern! I'm glad you liked the video though. :lol:

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Chris love the pics of Dreadnought one of my old faves and interesting that it is in the original Nse which could have happened if Chris Green had not changed his mind.As i am sure you are aware the last one to be painted in original Nse was 50029 Renown in June 87.Anyway great model, great pics and i love your layout.
cheers
I
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 pm

As requested:- A photo of my customised/repainted Class 50's minus two more 50 002's awaiting renumbering.

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Blimey Tank i thought i had the NSE bug bad but you have one hell of a collection 8) i have been looking at your layout great work.

Keep the updates coming Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi are you sure the original NSE one is Dreadnought.The nameplates look too small to me :mrgreen:
Anwat great pics Hoover heaven 8) Could be Old Oak Common or Laira in late 80's however you would need some large logo ones :wink:
great pics
What locos have you chosen your two 002 to be ?
If i can make some suggestions RNSE dark blue (just renumber job) 50005(Un branded)009/016/017 :D :D /023/024/027/029/033 :D /034 :D /043/045/048
Or you could re paint in any shade of NSE and have what loco you like.
Superb pics
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

ste234

Postby ste234 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Tank what are the big red things near 50,002's cab?
Ste
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

Tank

Postby Tank » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:57 pm

ste234 wrote:Tank what are the big red things near 50,002's cab?
Ste

Things?! How dare you!!! :mrgreen: This was a kit I bought from America, which needs to have a little more detail. They are actually the rotating brushes that are supposed to clean the trains....definitely need some work to them! :lol: :lol:

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi are you sure the original NSE one is Dreadnought.The nameplates look too small to me :mrgreen:

:D The 'Nameplate' is just some red paint, as I haven't done my research yet on where sells the nameplate. I made it smaller on purpose so it's covered up. I might renumber it in the future though, to a correct liveried loco! I'm not sure about the others yet...I will take your suggestions into account as you know your stuff!

NSE DAZ wrote:Blimey Tank i thought i had the NSE bug bad but you have one hell of a collection 8) i have been looking at your layout great work.

Thanks Daz. These are just the 50's... I'm lucky to have collected a load of 73's, 08's, 47's, 03 179...pretty much all variants of the diesels. N Gauge lacks EMU's, but luckily 'It's N Gauge' have commissioned two EMU's for me, which I can't wait to own.

Also, this layout is now for sale. No stock, just the main layout, most of the buildings (not including NSE signal box or yellow crane). Will also include Gaugemaster controller - 3 dials for independant tracks, plus one braked. Reason for sale - Going DCC! Feel free to enquire!

champion

Postby champion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Great layout there tank,a little similar to mine n gauge layout 1970 as seen in model railway photo forum.Umm those fiftys deserve modifying.I had a few nse ones which i sold on e-bay but did,nt get round to modifying the fronts as didn,t have the expertease of painting in nse.Keep up the good work.p.s that baby deltic looks good as well.

richard
D1011 western thunderer.
Fav loco class 52 Western
R.I.P Old oak common
Layout Old oak common hydraulic heydays its future in the balance.

Splop.

Postby Splop. » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Tank wrote:Image

As requested:- A photo of my customised/repainted Class 50's minus two more 50 002's awaiting renumbering.

Wow, I've seen less Vacs in a Dyson showroom! :shock:

Must admit I regret not getting the chance to see them at New Street - So much more interesting than some lowsy Pendolino.

Tank

Postby Tank » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:27 am

champion wrote:Great layout there tank,a little similar to mine n gauge layout 1970 as seen in model railway photo forum.Umm those fiftys deserve modifying.I had a few nse ones which i sold on e-bay but did,nt get round to modifying the fronts as didn,t have the expertease of painting in nse.Keep up the good work.p.s that baby deltic looks good as well.

richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the compliment. I had hoped that the Baby Deltic would work out ok. I might have bought one of your old 50's, as that's where they're all from. Who knows?! :mrgreen:

Tank

Re: NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout

Postby Tank » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:25 am

I don't really come on here much any more due to the negative attitudes of some members on the N Gauge board, but I thought I'd share a few pictures that I've put on another forum, as I've just sold the layout, and these will be the last pictures from me. A new layout has been started though! :D

Here we go....

Richey1977

Re: NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4)

Postby Richey1977 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 am

I really enjoyed this. I'm thinking of having an NSE setting for my own layout, which is at the early stages of development still.

Excellent soundtrack too. My youth was spent going places on NSE trains and listening to that kind of music. (Whereas my adult years are generally spent on SouthEastern trains and listening to that kind of music...)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”