GWR Branch Terminus in 'N'

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi

It's looking great, the only thing now, as you've nearly finished it, what are you going to do next, start again?? :wink:

The levers are looking much better now.

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell

Kasrkin

Postby Kasrkin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:09 am

Well I'm just chuffed at such positive feedback, thanks guys! And Sanctuary, thank you so much! Being in the virtual exhibition will be ace! :-D

I visited my local model shop today in search of foliage, turns out they have nothing for N gauge at all... Honestly this doesn't suprise me too much because they rate pretty low as customer service goes; I've had it all from them, the worst being one staff member confusing me about which controller I needed. He reeled off an immensely complicated list of things I had to buy (pushing towards £100), all the while not mentioning the pile of Bachmann controllers nearby (exactly the same as the one I bought from eBay) going for £10 each. So I'm looking online for alternatives again, trees in particular; any advice on good sources?

Pete, you've hit on something I've been thinking about for a while now! Where to go from here? I only intended this as a project for a change of pace, but I've really enjoyed it- much more than I expected, and I'm craving for more! My Dad keeps suggesting that I clear out the loft at home and build a big layout there, and I know it's because he wants to play with it (he's become enthralled with the idea of a Jubilee pulling a rake of twelve or so coaches, lol). So I'm thinking of maybe a large mainline run, based on a loop with only one half visible and the rest a sort of big fiddleyard. Trelech could easily connect to it too.

Or, on the other hand I've been looking around at the different scales and I'm still amazed at how much more detailed these models are now compared to the ones I used to own (which were all 'OO', with an odd one or two in 'O'). Now, this has caught my eye;

http://www.railway-models.co.uk/774_1_2141454.html

Looks good value to my inexperienced eyes, but that Manor class is a beauty... OO is so tempting! Any comments on this train set, is it worth it?

engineer dave

Re: GWR Branch Terminus in 'N'

Postby engineer dave » Wed May 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi

Great looking little layout. The station looks good, I've just ordered one for my layout, also set in a fictional Welsh town.

Best wishes

Dave
My N Gauge Quarry Layout - Trecarreg viewtopic.php?t=14555

Money Talks.....It mostly says "Goodbye!"

santene

Postby santene » Wed May 14, 2008 4:36 pm

wow this looks really good btw trees go for ebay you can get about 100 for about £5
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy

sarah

Postby sarah » Wed May 14, 2008 7:44 pm

A very nice addition to the Great Welsh Railways. (Ffrwd, Llangollen, etc.) :wink:

It is amazing how good N gauge stuff is getting, though I'll stick to OO 'cos my hands aren't steady enough to build anything smaller! :lol:

Very atmospheric. Have you tried photographing the layout outdoors in real sunlight? It is miles better than flash...

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”