My 1st ever layout WWII DCC

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
colelynch

more scenery

Postby colelynch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:09 am

colelynch

The Coal Mine

Postby colelynch » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 am

Here are a few pix of the mine & coal distribution plant that will occupy the far corner of our layout. It was all an after thought and so the sidings or track are not running into the mine as they should (under the coal shoots). The fine detail was really good practice even though a lot will be obscured due to it's position. :roll:
It is not completed yet as we are waiting for some lights from Hong Kong!
and some more vehicles and people figures to populate the scenes. We also plan to add a water feature eg trickling stream (cant decide what colour the stream bed would be. :idea: We are also going to fashion some pipes draining water from the workings.
Please comment even to say what a load of poo or whatever :lol:
Cheers
Cole & Ronnie (nearly)age 7
It comprises a polystirene & paper mache base with a couple of Faller kits
If you are considering a mine on your layout, I have a thread in scenery discussing the kit variations & scratch building.
This Faller kit looks kind of American or European. I'm not sure where the prototypes would have been :?: But it suits our 1930's era.
The Green Loco & Flatbed are just props
Thinking about adding some pit ponies
Does anyone know where I can get some small coal carts :?:

More to follow soon :arrow: AFTER you've commented.......youre all such voyeurs...lol :wink:

Zanziba

Postby Zanziba » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 am

I like the hillsides, very dirty looking and realistic. I'm always looking for ideas for my quarry area.

The buildings look really good!

frolly

Re: My 1st ever layout WWII DCC

Postby frolly » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:51 pm

I can't find the TARDIS on the layout :!: :D
Frolly from Derby

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:12 pm

A great layout, very interesting! I might just have to string up my Ju87 Stuka now. :wink:
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

kit_friend

Postby kit_friend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 am

Looking great - and good to see the stiff upper lip keeping things running as normal despite the frenzied strafing!

K

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:20 pm

I hate to be the one to suggest this, but there is a glaring mistaske in the scenery...surely the higher ranking Dalek would never allow itself to be put into such a perilous situation? I'm no officionado, but wouldn't it have been a bog standard silver one? :lol:

<Awaits stampede of Dr Who disciples to tell him which rank that Dalek actually is ;) >

Actually, seeing the Dalek there reminded me of a scene at the disused mine in Dalek Invasion of the Earth 2150 :D It was one of my favourite films as a kid, so I love it 8)

Seriously though, it's a splendid bit of kit you've made there. Nice to see you evidently have a healthy sense of humour as well as very healthy eye for a good model like that. And the scene you are creating around it certainly oozes atmosphere already and looks set to do it justice.

I especially like the crappy mess piles behind the train. It's so hard to make a pile of rubbish look just that rather than a contrived prop, so hats off on that too.

I look forwad to seeing more high quality scenes mate. If possible, I'd particularly like one depicting a crack troop of Daleks, led by Michael Caine, that have disguised themselves as Polish Soldiers and attempt to assassinate Churchill! It'll be an epic :evil:

I really must lay off the mushrooms... :roll:

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”