Fairfield Junction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
250BOB

Fairfield Junction

Postby 250BOB » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi Guys......I have already posted pics of my layout on another site, and it will take me forever to re post them on this site....so if you want to view them, just click this link.
Bob

MODEDIT - Or just see the quoted posts below - /MODEDIT

Raider

Postby Raider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Allow me

250BOB wrote:Its been a long time since I posted any pics of my loft layout, and those who can remember will not observe much progress. Most of my time has been spent converting to dcc, and also still planning the high level track.
My layout is "L" shaped, measurements in feet are, 18x14x6x6x12x8.
I have no scenery yet, I need to be certain of the track layout before I commit to ballasting etc., Will I ever be certain.? It is very cluttered, but then the grandkids are always wanting me to switch it on for them, they just play with it fine, for 7 and 10 yr olds they are pretty good, and I dont want to discourage them by saying "dont touch this" "dont touch that".

here goes. I am going to post one picture first, if it works, I shall put some more up later.

First picture...this is a view with my back to the 8ft length, the main 18ft length is on the right. At the end of the room, it goes left for 14ft, and then reappears again after going along the two 6ft lengths.

It worked.!!!!!!

Second Pic......This is a shot of the proposed depot area with some of my locos, late steam and early diesel.

Third pic.......You will notice on the right that I am planning to use Woodland Scenics polystyrene gradients, I plan to have a double track at the higher level, which crosses over the track in the distance, note the white polystyrene accross the track to give you a clue, just before the main lines do a right turn.

Fourth Pic......better view of where the high level will cross over at the end of the station throat.

Fifth Pic.....this is a view after turning left at the end of the station straight, it goes into a small fiddle yard area, still under development, this run is 14ft, and the space is for the high level tracks.

Last pic is showing where the high level tracks will go, hence the polystyrene. I am still very much in the development stage, if any one has any suggestions or thoughts, dont hesitate, fire away.

Hope those give you a bit of a feel of what I am up to....hope you enjoyed looking at something more embryonic than usual.

Bob

250BOB wrote:So you wanted a track plan....this is the best I can do I'm afraid. It gives you some idea of what I have planned. red is high level, black is low level, and where black meets red, is about mid way up the gradient.

250BOB wrote:Its the bottom left hand , inner black line(track) that is the main problem.....its going to be 15" to 18" radius.....as the total width of that area is 6ft. Although I am still trying to work on the fiddle yard design which may ease this problem
Bob

250BOB

Postby 250BOB » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Fantastic.............thankyou Raider, much appreciated. Was it really that simple, or an in house trick.?
Bob

Raider

Postby Raider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:22 pm

It was really simple - I just quoted your post over in that other thread and then copied and pasted it in to a new post over here.

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 am

hey champ, looks like fun! Looking forward to see it progress 8)

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:24 am

WOW your loft setup is very similar looking to mine :D

See here for more pics

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=2152&start=420

I know the "cluttered" feeling :wink:

250BOB

Postby 250BOB » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

yes, not too dissimilar......about as untidy too. :wink:

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 am

250BOB wrote:yes, not too dissimilar......about as untidy too. :wink:

Sorry to disagree with you…

But compared to mine they both look rather organised

Lofty

bunji

Postby bunji » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:11 pm

That looks great, I envy the amount of space you have! Excellent collection of rolling stock too.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:32 am

Excellent trackplan! Makes good use of space and creates a nice long run. I can picture the nice fullish length trains running round it now!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

davek

Postby davek » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:55 am

great track plan and really good use of space - most envious! Looking forwards to seeing the progress of this one.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:39 pm

just wish i could turn my loft in to something like that! we have birds nesting and bats in ours. protected species so not able to do anything about it!!!.

250BOB

Postby 250BOB » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Getting the loft converted to a useable space cost a fortune, but I sold it to the missus by telling her we needed to upgrade the central heating system.
Bob

I'll_be_in_the_loft

Postby I'll_be_in_the_loft » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:07 am

There's no need to spend a fortune converting a loft. Just do what I did and buy another house which already has it converted. :shock:

Ok, so it's maybe not the cheapest option but it's the least messy and as the missus will always be well chuffed to be moving to a bigger house you'll have no problem persuading her to let you have the loft for a layout. It worked for me, now I just need to pay off the almost £200,000 mortgage..........
My ebay sales may be viewed by clicking HERE.
Feel free to place bids, GENUINE bidders only please.

250BOB

Postby 250BOB » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:18 pm

My wife said the house needed tidying up the other day, I said lets move.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”