unnammed layout!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waldron

unnammed layout!

Postby waldron » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:19 pm

this is my first real try at a layout! i think i have got alot in it but it still dont look like theres to much happing, hope you guys like it, i have still got to put my tmd yard in ran out of cork mat :( lol. looks like another trip to walmart lol.

this it the large terminus station! long enough to hold the super voyager well i hope it is lol.

this will be the small terminus station when i get round to it! lol also long enough to hold the super voyager aswell!

a view up the mainline!

mainline crossing over the goods track when its layed going into the small terminus station!

there is also going to be a refueling depot/engine shed next to the large terminus
hope you guys like it had 3 attempts at layin the track down before i like one lol.

any ideas on names for this layout, my dad calls it clapped out junction, but i dont think i could call it that! lol.

Thanks G

Ironduke

Postby Ironduke » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:29 pm

nice corkin' :^) looks like a nice space you're scored there too. Where is it (in the house I mean)?

What are the points at the back with the motors at the side (3rd pic)?
Regards
Rob

headshot119

Postby headshot119 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Wow, great start. By the way if your platforms will take your intercity 225 they will hold a super voyager.

waldron

Postby waldron » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Ironduke wrote:nice corkin' :^) looks like a nice space you're scored there too. Where is it (in the house I mean)?

What are the points at the back with the motors at the side (3rd pic)?

its out in the hut i wish it was in the house would be cooler in the house lol. 15 feet by 9 feet, the points are atlas the main ones you get over here(america) but you also get peco thats wht most of the points are but there $20 each then i need to buy point motors aswell, but will get ound to them sooner or later. lol. the corkin' is cork tiles cut just wider that the track

Wow, great start. By the way if your platforms will take your intercity 225 they will hold a super voyager.

good because thats one of my xmas presents :D

boyofbears

Postby boyofbears » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:13 pm

is the main line a big loop? youve gt good space there well done 8)
my imaginery friend thinks u have problems.......wait........
my layout viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17368 new!!!

waldron

Postby waldron » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:01 pm

yea the mainline is prob about 6 feet long by about 4 feet wide,
the only thing is i dont have a fiddle yard on my layout, dont know if its a good idea or not, will see when i get all my rolling stock on it!

thanks G

waldron

Postby waldron » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 pm

i an going to put a fiddle yard on my layout now going to have 2 helix's and put the fiddle yard under the base board! just need to jump down the the hardware store and get the wood for it!

Thanks G

deltatango

Postby deltatango » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Its Looking Good will it be DCC

waldron

Postby waldron » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:06 pm

yea its dcc at the moment, i am using the bachmann dcc controller just now, but getting a digitrax system for christmas :) so cant wait till then! only got the bachy system to see if i could use dcc then if i liked it i would go out abd get my self a better system! my point motors are going to be used the way you would use them on a dc layout at the moment! will think about convertin the to dcc in time

G

eggbert17

Postby eggbert17 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Looking good, i spot an A4 loco, is that Mallard?

waldron

Postby waldron » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 pm

yea you are spot on! its only got one defect that is one buffer is missing on the tender :( i wont be changing that to dcc as it belonged to my late uncle so will be getting/making a cabinet for it and the coaches

waldron

Postby waldron » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:21 pm

got one of my xmas presents yesterday :) so i thought i would put up some new pics!

i really like this train! the only thing is when you run it in one direction ifs fine but when you run it the other way it derails but not at the same point and not the same coach :( but other than that i am really please with the train :)

Thanks G

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”