Chadwood - Modern 00 loft layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
hobby boy

Re: Chadwood - 00 loft layout

Postby hobby boy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:48 am

Nice Pendolino there. When i went to didcot railway centrem i saw loads of them of the other side of the fence. :D

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 am

Hi Dave,
I notice you've not put any of that Ratio security fencing up yet ..... I'm curious as to how fine the mesh is ..... as I think this is what I need in a couple of places and want to use your experience to judge it.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Geoff
No I haven't used it yet. I am planning to use it when I get round to the top board which will be the industrial estate. (Next area on the plan if I ever get the station area finished)
I'll get it out and take a few photos for you though if it helps?
Dave
My layouts (in progress):
Image and Image

Bulleidnutter

Postby Bulleidnutter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:21 pm

hobby boy wrote:Nice Pendolino there. When i went to didcot railway centrem i saw loads of them of the other side of the fence. :D

Hobby Boy

I hope you didnt see any pendo's at Didcot, you would be seen Voyagers instead.

Jack Middleton

Postby Jack Middleton » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Bulleidnutter wrote:
hobby boy wrote:Nice Pendolino there. When i went to didcot railway centrem i saw loads of them of the other side of the fence. :D

Hobby Boy

I hope you didnt see any pendo's at Didcot, you would be seen Voyagers instead.

second that, unless they were being hauled by 57's of juice

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 pm

The civil engineers moved in overnight and have laid Station Road and marked out the allocated parking zones.

Hopefully they will return shortly and put in the much needed pavement.

Dave
Image and Image

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:29 pm

that's great that there is now a car park for the station and a road next to it. This layout is just getting better and better.

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am

hobby boy wrote:that's great that there is now a car park for the station and a road next to it. This layout is just getting better and better.

Hobby Boy

Point out the obvious then

rmg1919

Postby rmg1919 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:05 am

Hey

Love the tarmac car park and road. May I ask what materials you used for this?

Cheers

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:57 pm

rmg1919 wrote:Love the tarmac car park and road. May I ask what materials you used for this?

I have used the Scalescenes TX22 Car Park textures and T034 Roads and Pavements (my pavements are still work in progress).
I must admit I did have to do a lot of editing of the downloads in FIreworks though to get exactly the layout I required. I am not sure you could actually use the download as supplied. The quality of the product though is excellent and that is what make it easy enough to take screen dumps of the supplied pdf, edit them, and still produce good quality prints.
I then printed my final results onto card before gluing down onto my neoprene cork base.
I must admit I was really pleased with the result.
Thanks for your interest.
Dave
Image and Image

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Not much time spent in the loft lately due to the heat and other commitments, but finally got up there for an hour or so today.
The pavements around the station have now been installed (scalescenes) and just in time for Trent Barton to start running the Derby to Ripley service (1A). Hopefully the return Ripley to Derby (92) service should start soon (when the ebay bus arrives!).

Next job on my list is to finish the second platform, fit footbridge between platforms (currently being painted by my brother), fit fencing to rear of platforms, decide how to finish off between the ends of platform and the road / car park. Possibly bushes ??

Dave
Image and Image

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi Dave,
Nice as always to see progress - don't you just wish these busses were held together with screws so you could fit a few bums on seats. I'm looking at the rivets on my one and only d/d bus and wondering if I dare drill them off, but how to rejoin, wonder if superglue would do ????

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Dad-1 wrote:Hi Dave,
Nice as always to see progress - don't you just wish these busses were held together with screws so you could fit a few bums on seats. I'm looking at the rivets on my one and only d/d bus and wondering if I dare drill them off, but how to rejoin, wonder if superglue would do ????
Geoff T.

Funny that Geoff. I was looking this morning how I could get in to put a few people inside. I'll let you know if I manage it!
Image and Image

Rammy

Postby Rammy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm

I am having some problems with my Bachmann 66's both derailing when turning on the points. I am using some old Hornby R612 and R613 points. Does anybody else have this problem and can you recommend a fix or alternative points suitable for peco motors?
Image and Image

0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Postby 0121modeller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 am

Hi Rammy,
Those older hornby points as i remember are very prone to derailments as the wheels cross the very slightly raised plastic frogs, & often the therefore slightly raised wheels mount or colide with the tips of switch blades.
I stopped using them years ago & now use the equivalent peco setrack which most is similar or same as hornby, Peco PL10 points motors fitted to my peco points (setrack or streamline) present no problems with operation or de-railments.

Neat modelling you've done here, & I know how you feel with the heat in the loft, it seems to be the hottest area of the house for some reason. :o

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36342

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”