The beginning stages

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Bryan Gundry

Postby Bryan Gundry » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:03 pm

joshv8 wrote:
Haha, Its all good, I got the humor, It actually gave me a good laugh. Im assuming you didnt see the humor in my reply.

:oops: Sorry not on first reading.

It was late at night I missed lol instead of :lol:

Plus the text was in a block rather than using paragraphs or line breaks.

A :? and :oops: Bryan
No longer a member

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:11 pm

Top idea with the masking tape mate :)

That looks a fair plan that. Fills up the space nice without resorting to 'cramming it all in' as is the temptation, lol! Looks like a great romm to occupy. Nice and bright!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Ok was bit quicker than i thought.

Wasnt sure on a couple of bits, where you could either use cross overs (as I have done in the plan, or 2 points (which i dont think will fit) Or what would be better is double slips.

The plan is drawn with settrack. 1st 2nd and 3rd radius curves for each loop.

PS although it looks like there are gaps, they are joined in the program :)

Another Edit:

Now looking at it Im pretty sure you meant slips or double sets of points in some areas, as you cant currently get from the outside loop to the middle loop....

I only have the Hornby Setrack Prametre file, if anyone fancies playing with this (who has the peco files) i can always email the XtrkCad file. pm me.

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:50 pm

B@rney wrote:Ok was bit quicker than i thought.

Wasnt sure on a couple of bits, where you could either use cross overs (as I have done in the plan, or 2 points (which i dont think will fit) Or what would be better is double slips.

The plan is drawn with settrack. 1st 2nd and 3rd radius curves for each loop.

PS although it looks like there are gaps, they are joined in the program :)

Another Edit:

Now looking at it Im pretty sure you meant slips or double sets of points in some areas, as you cant currently get from the outside loop to the middle loop....

I only have the Hornby Setrack Prametre file, if anyone fancies playing with this (who has the peco files) i can always email the XtrkCad file. pm me.

Mate, your a dead set champ! I really appreciate your time to help me to:) Come to building Ill mostly lay all the track on the floor before putting in my baseboards, and if I need to readvise things around the entrance I can move a piece here or there 8) Looking at it though Ill just make a hinged section in the left hand corner (something to learn about). I must say however its hard to not cram things in...I swear theres never enough room lol

Top idea with the masking tape mate Smile

That looks a fair plan that. Fills up the space nice without resorting to 'cramming it all in' as is the temptation, lol! Looks like a great romm to occupy. Nice and bright!

Its raining outside too :wink: My girlfriend and I have a 4 bedroom house So one room was claimed originally as my junk room when I was building my car (all my interior etc) but now thats on completion I have an empty room!

So, everyone likes??

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:15 am

After buying a copy of HVR2 and having a play with the track plan I dont believe its completely adequate. So after some playing Ive changed a few things around and come up with this that I think will work a little better. Ive Made the branch line separate and end to end. One end will be a small logging area, the other end ends near the river which will have a small dock for loading logs etc onto barges. I also have moved the engine shed to the outside of the main line loop. This way I can use x crossing to put engine straight onto the desired track. Also in front of the engine sheds where there a points there will be a turntable instead (just not one in HVR2). The top left hand corner will also have a tunnel and be a mountain. Let me know what you guys think? or what should be changed. I should start building early next year. Ive put it off so far as I wasn't happy with the original plan. I'm kinda fussy lol

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”