A Bit Of Blue For The Lads... BR Blue That Is...

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
DrStroganoff

A Bit Of Blue For The Lads... BR Blue That Is...

Postby DrStroganoff » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

:D

Me and the Mrs finally got round to wrestling the final baseboard into the attic this morning, so I've been up there all day laying out track and watching the trains go round and round on their new 15ft x 6ft run. I'm very happy with it so far.

The track isnt pinned down yet, still working out where to put points, and making sure I've got enough sidings and space for all my stock.

Heres a few little pics just to get it rolling. Hope you stay with me through the progress over the coming weeks !!!

Please dont laugh at my feeble attempt at legs on these boards.... :oops: A bit wobbly.... heheh

1 - One end of the attic

2 - The other side of the attic

3 - Mmmm (nearly) full length HST... Looks awesome snaking around the layout.

4 - And my latest addition, a bargain 2nd hand Bachman class 20 I picked up last weekend. Not BR Blue I know... But I love the livery on this loco... Gonna be running a double header Class 58 too !

Stay tuned !

headshot119

Postby headshot119 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:20 pm

A fantastic start, did you cut your old layout in half for the ends, if you did good idea.

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:55 pm

A great start there, and there's nothing wrong with those wobbly legs!! :wink:

This looks like its fun to operate too, with a nearly full length HST and also the APT i see in the siding on the 1st pic :P

Keep it up

Adam

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah theres half the old layout at either end ! :D

And well spotted re: the APT... its really liking this long run !

Im waiting on some more MK3 Jouef coaches to complete the HST, replace some of those Hornby 'shorties' !!

The wheels are a bit questionable on the Jouef coaches I've noticed... any good replacements ?? They sound like they've de-railed when their going round !!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:46 am

DrStroganoff wrote:Im waiting on some more MK3 Jouef coaches to complete the HST, replace some of those Hornby 'shorties' !!

The wheels are a bit questionable on the Jouef coaches I've noticed... any good replacements ?? They sound like they've de-railed when their going round !!

I have Joeffs. I find simply applying a dab of oil to the axis makes them free-wheel happily enough! Plus they sound fantastic:

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/Bottom%20of%20garden/?action=view&current=125downlineonMoorcroftapproach.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/Bottom%20of%20garden/?action=view&current=125downthroughGreenBridgeandincline.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/Bottom%20of%20garden/?action=view&current=125throughMoorcroftStAnthonys.flv

Looks like a cracking layout in the making by the way ;)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

I've replaced all my Jouef wheels with Lima ones. The Jouef ones go out of gauge after a while!
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Just a quick pic.... Been in the loft all day ballasting between the tracks....

Got my double header 58 on the go now :

Shame their still both 58001.... for now !

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:46 pm

I've been in the garden all day on a Class 47 day! nice pic there... never liked the "bones" much but at least they were British built!
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

DrStroganoff

A little update

Postby DrStroganoff » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:52 pm

Have been working on the layout for a few hours and thought I would post a few pics been as I am quite pleased with the results !!!

1 - The new station car park

2 - Obligatory APT shot ! Showing some of my ballasting between the tracks.

3 - Been playing with the 'hairy grass', im really liking this stuff, first go at using it ! And also if you look close, theres a very precarious looking Faller Car System... still in the development stages of course...

I'm having some teething trouble with it so far.... not had much of a go at it mind.... anyone had any luck with these ?

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Excellent layout u have there! Are both those 58's motorised? :?

Liam.
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:00 pm

No, just one of them is motorised. The other one is an unmotorised version that I got off ebay, I think it just has 2 trailing bogies !

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:17 pm

I think someone should sack the firm who put up the security fence in the car park pic :lol:

Great pics, always nice to see a APT :wink:

Adam

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Yes they said they were coming back to finish it, but they never did... :D

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:28 pm

hi
look forward to seeing the faller car sytem in operation
hmmm, i wonder if i could get one for xmas?!!
michael

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:21 pm

Yeah, I'm not overly impressed with it, it looks like its gonna be a real potch to make it run efficiently. I'm a bit stumped as to how I'm going to fit it on the layout... Maybe if I post my track plan one of you guys might have an idea for me on whereabouts I could run it ! At the moment I'm thinking like a kind of elevated roadway over the TMD... I'll have a go at a plan later on.... :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”