Bispham Quay, OO

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
blackpool_fy2

Bispham Quay, OO

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi, I'm only 13 years old and have always wanted a OO gauge layout so, one christmas I received a flying scotsman kit from Hornby and through my own savings, expanded on that until I got to the point where I decided it would be better on a more permanent basis. My grandad very kindly made me a baseboard and have just started the layout not two days ago now. Not much progress but I intend to take my time. Here's some of my photographs.

First I messed around with what I had..

Then recently I added a little ballast to the layout. (cinders)
(Apologies for poor quality)
(station kit from Metcalfe not quite complete)

More pictures to follow soon. Comments and advice greatly appreciated. :)

Chuffer Chuff

Wow - What a good start!!!!!

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:22 pm

:D Hi there...

Youve made a very good start there!!! :D

What other locomotives and stock do u have? I can see what appears to be a class 08 shunter and a class 55 deltic!!!!! I do like those buses to!!!

The golden rule is 'DONT RUSH THE LAYOUT' make sure you have the track how you want it before you start applying the ballast!!! You will be rewarded for careful planning and 'Patience is the key' in the long run. So dont rush it as you may find that there are things you want to add or change on the layout!! :D

Have you made a trackplan as it would be interesting to see the whole layout structure? :D

Glad to here you've made a start into railway modelling and I like your pictures! :D Remember, if you need any help or advice with anything, just ask!! This is what this forums about!

Well done and good luck!!!

Look forward to seeing more progress!! :D Cheers
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"

blackpool_fy2

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi, there. Thanks for the comments. I cannot post photographs of the stock I have as the camera is mysteriously missing.. :shock: :)

However, I can tell you. I have a Bachmann Pannier Tank, number 9736. The Flying Scotsman, 4472, the shunter I was named 'Andy' when I bought it :D, and the Deltic is the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry. (Easy to find on Google images ;))

Rolling stock, a Dapol W.Fairclough of Blackpool wagon, Cairns brothers coal wagon, Shell oil tank, Clenhaford open wagon, Castrol oil wagon and 4 Flying Scotsman coaches from the 1930s.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Nice to see a local member, and another so young too: I'm 12 :)

It looks as though you've made a decent start, how big is your board?

blackpool_fy2

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 pm

6 foot x4 chipboard. All down to space really. :) Thanks for the comments, and a nice layout you've got going on too. :wink:

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:51 pm

hi
welcome to the forum
michael

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:24 pm

blackpool_fy2 wrote:6 foot x4 chipboard. All down to space really. :) Thanks for the comments, and a nice layout you've got going on too. :wink:

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!

As the others have said, do you have a track plan?

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:39 pm

i agree with what the others have said you have done a great job so don't go rushing it as you will spoil what you have done. i don't know if you have seen what i have done with mine so here is the link for mine

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... php?t=7917

i have done a quick layout of what i want to do and took pictures of it so i have got some guide of what i want to achieve in the end part of the station area. i have also been doing the base boards one by one and joining 2 together so i can make sure they are correct.

blackpool_fy2

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am

I don't have a track plan, no. Sorry :) .Basically it's the old Hornby trakmat plan tweaked a little. For example, the sidings with the two diesels are my own design as is the Flying Scotsman's siding.

blackpool_fy2

Progress

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:35 pm

Right. It's been a while since I did anything :roll: ... so here's the photos of my progress so far.

Again, aoplogies for poor quality! :oops: :)

OK.
The Isle of Man bus awaits the crossing gates to open. (I like the adverts on the gates!!)
A new home signal from Hornby with some grassy foliage type scatter around it.
The Fife and Forofar Yeomanry Deltic sites aside two oil tankers in the Metcalfe Goods shed.
And the same from behind..
The Flying Scotsman awaits the guards whistle and green flag outside the now completed Metcalfe platform kit.
And finally and overall view of the tip I like to call my layout!!

waz

Postby waz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:38 am

Hi Blackers !!!

Like the other chaps, welcome and I hope you gain as much from the forum as I have over the past couple of years.

Like the red single decker bus with Port Erin on the destination board. Port Erin is just a mile round the corner from me.

Good luck and take your time with it.

Best regards

BILL.

blackpool_fy2

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi, waz. I come over every year to the IoM. I love it! Especially the TT races. ;) My dream is to race there. :roll: I stay at Newtown in Santon when I come over. However, it bust be a bugger living there because you can't have a day off work. Your boss will see you in the pub!! Oh well, at least you don't need Friends Re-united. Just go down to the pub. :)

Thanks for the support on my layout. :D

waz

Postby waz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi Blackers !!!

Glad you like the Isle Of Man. Let me know next time you're comming over and I'll show you my layout, " Lilford Park".

Best Regards

BILL.

blackpool_fy2

Postby blackpool_fy2 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks!! I'll be next coming during the 2008 TT. :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”