Talfryn Hill Railway OO gauge

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
redline41190

Jer finally has a real update! :D

Postby redline41190 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Well contrary to the popular thought that i was being lazy and nothing was going on.... I HAVE A REAL UPDATE! :D :D :D (just no pics... :cry: yet... )

So I remembered that I had an obscenely large amount of foam in my garage, from furniture boxes. I took two large pieces of said foam, cut them and hot glued them to my shelves (where the old little track thing was...) the extend quite a bit from the edge of the shelf, which im kind of worried about but not really. I took about 30 minutes planning what i wanted, and then built it in about 2 hours.

It is the station area which would have been a part of the layout had it been build as a whole. The station platforms can only hold 3 coaches and a loco, but it has potential, but mainly as a medium sized diorama. Its is two tracks and it ends in a tunnel that would "go into my bed" if it extended any further. The other side is just simply the end of the platforms. Since I am getting the Hall and the WR coaches, I changed the theme to a WR/GWR preservation line (at least until I get my new N class later this year) So i've packed up the B1 and N class until I feel the need for them again. As of now the layout has a Manor, "cookham manor" in GWR colors, and a Prairie in BR lined green, two colletts, one pullman MK1, and three maroon MK1s. The hall and 3 MK1s will complete the rolling stock. Now on to some buildings and greenery!!!! :D

cheers

Jeremy

p.s. will get pics when i can... :lol:
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.

redline41190

end of an era?

Postby redline41190 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:16 am

after much trial and tribulation (and being regulated to the 3rd page :( ) the Talfryn Hill Railway is no more :cry: Luckily its engines and stock were saved from scrap! (though the B1 might be going up for sale soon...) things are moving on to better and bigger things. Namely a 4X8 single line GWR/WR themed layout! (yes its preservation so i can run what i please... :) ) it will include the shed i've built along with a small station and a hidden fiddle yard.

watch for my new thread! and the new layouts name! :wink:

cheers

-Jeremy
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”