Green Frog Brewery - A Inglenook Shunting Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Bufferstop

Re: Green Frog Brewery - A Inglenook Shunting Layout

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Glad you have it sorted, I feared that if you persisted with the frog juicers you would develop a nasty attack of the Victor Meldrews!
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

NedFlanders

Postby NedFlanders » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:55 am

Excellent work.

A most pleasurable inspirational read on a Saturday morning with a cup of tea and some Hob-Nobs - thanks for sharing Geoff.
Getting back into railways, one step at a time.
Ned's Workbench - https://tinyurl.com/y4jby73c
The UppydownyRoundyRoundyRailway - https://tinyurl.com/y6stelsr

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Accolade for the best 'Shunter' of 2020 used on this layout has to go to my Hornby Ruston.
Very slow running, hardly ever stalls, in the few cases where it has there was obvious dust
settlement on the track.
Very slow speed reliability well ahead of both makes of GWR 1361 series that were intended
for use on this.
Probably one of the best models from the box that I've had. If you want to slowly shunt wagons
around you will never do better !!

Uhhhh and it's Hornby.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

This shunting layout is sort of finished, but there are always little items that you come
across that will perhaps enhance some scene.
A contact of mine is making a Kent Hops scene shunting layout and found that hops are
packed into Hop Pockets, nope, not sacks ! Then another pointed him to anyscale models
who produce them, either as a block, or as singles. I bought 4 blocks to go on this brewery
layout. 2 to fit in a wagon with a part lifted tarp, the others to sit on the platform under
the canopy. I added some small home printed decals to identify what people are looking
at.

Still can't get either of those 1361 series to run in the manner required. I dread taking the Heljan
drive gears apart, but fear sorting them is the only way. The loco stalls, but still picking up
track power. Then as the back EMF builds up it'll start with a jerk sometimes, other times
needs a push to clear the jamming gear. At 25 mph scale speed it works, but with hesitations
at 40 mph it seems O.K. The disastrous pair !!

Wish I'd never bought them, a couple of Pecketts would have been cheaper and better.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”