All Change -- Well Not Quite!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Chops

Re: All Change -- Well Not Quite!

Postby Chops » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:27 am

Terrific photography of a most interesting assemblage. Rather liked that one rusted out locomotive on point, really has character. Also like the way in which sidings wend into the urban landscape, very dramatic views. A small arms manufactory, first I've seen.
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Montfort

Postby Montfort » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 am

It's not only a layout under construction , it's a wonderful never ending story.ImageImageImage
No matter which train you are waiting for, the wrong one arrives always first !

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am

Chops wrote:Terrific photography of a most interesting assemblage. Rather liked that one rusted out locomotive on point, really has character. Also like the way in which sidings wend into the urban landscape, very dramatic views. A small arms manufactory, first I've seen.

Thanks Chops. The layout not only has to interest me, but my family also; especially the grandchildren. :D They bring things to add to the layout. For instance, My wife, Lady G, bought me a W A Glendinning of Shotley Bridge, Consett, wagon. My grandsons' brought another two. They get placed around the layout one time. Then placed somewhere else another time. :)

As for the small arms factory? As part of my family are from the farming community I see guns on a regular basis. (All legal.) I also have been interested in munitions manufacture. Therefore, by combining the two, T & J Harrison, Small Arms Manufacturer is born. I have a soft spot for 0-6-0 'Terrier' locomotives and have two K&ESR locomotives. To fit in with the area modelled, there was (not sure if it is still there) Kirkstall Forge Engineering Company. in Leeds. They made, amongst other things, axles for military vehicles. The K&ESR locomotives now run on the ficticious railway line, Kirkstall & East Seacroft Railway taking munitions to the Munitions Factory at Barnbow. On the layout, Kirkstall is 'over the bridge' (fiddle yard).

Montfort wrote:It's not only a layout under construction , it's a wonderful never ending story.ImageImageImage

Thanks Montfort. As bits keep being added, to me, there has to be a story. The thing is those stories are in different time frames. :lol: Eventually the layout will be a number of different scenes all linked into one. Not forgetting that I run two railways on the same layout. :lol:

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:07 pm

A couple of more pictures.
The Diesel Shed == D1000 Western Enterprise, D 1010 Western Campaigner, 55022 Royal Scots Grey and 47402 Gateshead on shed.
IMG_0796.JPG

As W A Glendinning have wagons my youngest grandson provided this van for Archbold's . It now resides outside Archbold's and Glendinning's building.
IMG_0710.JPG

Glencairn

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Some more work done at the new junction. This aerial view shows the new signal box for Sovereign Street. It also shows the new shops at the other side of the level crossing.
IMG_0823.JPG

The signal box and the new shops behind. Ladle's Grocer's used to be in Dib Lane, Leeds and Yager's Butchers are still in Consett, County Durham.
IMG_0815.JPG

As can be seen, more work to be done.

Glencairn

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Albert Vinnerd has 'bought' the garage.
IMG_0822.JPG

Business names now on the buildings and need toning down
IMG_0824.JPG

T & J Harrison''s on the left, Hudson Ward, Flour Millers on the right.
IMG_0825.JPG

Glencairn

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:02 pm

A day of running trains.

DMU about to pass the engine shed.
IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

DMU at the level crossing to the scrap yard
IMG_0837.JPG

Glencairn

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Class 47 47404 Hadrian with southbound parcel train.
IMG_0835.JPG

'On Shed'
IMG_0833.JPG

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:03 pm

K&ESR 'Bodiam', awaiting repainting to Kirkstall & East Seacroft Railway colours and renaming, on a goods train to Sovereign Street Station.
IMG_0826.JPG

Calder Railway passenger service to Earlsheaton Junction waiting for right of way at the signals.
IMG_0829.JPG

Glencairn

Chops

Postby Chops » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm

It continues to delight and inspire. Love those tight shots of rail working its way about existing structures and of the DMU nosing its way through the rail side brush. Fabulous stuff. Every layout I see in here is different in so many ways the one before.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 pm

A busy time at Albert Vinnerd's Garage. Customers are ordering food at Anne's Cafe. A train of container wagons pass Wyndham Farm.
IMG_0843.JPG

Young Tommy looks at 'Clarice' the canal boat.
IMG_0854.JPG

Glencairn

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Chops wrote:It continues to delight and inspire. Love those tight shots of rail working its way about existing structures and of the DMU nosing its way through the rail side brush. Fabulous stuff. Every layout I see in here is different in so many ways the one before.

Glad you like it, Chops.

Glencairn

Chops

Postby Chops » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:15 am

Do tell, as it has been a mighty long time since I traveled in the UK. What does one order at Anne's Cafe? One of my favorite programs was Chef Ramsey inspecting British eateries and rushing to the alley to, uh, regurgitate. Hope it's better than that! My children gave me a copy of Ramsey's "Fast Food," and it was a brilliant hit. People in these parts still beg me to make up a dish of Ramsey Fajitas for parties. What would be typical meal at a place such as Anne's cafe?

Happy memories of cruising the myriad of British canals on the "Grey Boy" on holiday in the UK back in '67. Tea shops along the way, I seem to recall.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 am

Chops wrote:What would be typical meal at a place such as Anne's cafe?

Happy memories of cruising the myriad of British canals on the "Grey Boy" on holiday in the UK back in '67. Tea shops along the way, I seem to recall.

Food from Anne's Cafe is any combination of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and black pudding in a (large) bread bun. A splash of ketchup, or brown sauce, or mustard. Prices from £1.80. A mug of tea - 50p.

The real Anne would have forty fits if she knew she had a cafe named after her. :lol: She is a delightful lady who lives in Darlington. Her cooking skills are exemplary, so much so we are looking forward to having Christmas Dinner at her house (again). As for her cakes? Join the queue. :lol:

If you are still interested in canals, here is a link to a Forum that may interest you boatsandcanals.fgo.org.uk

Glencairn

Chops

Postby Chops » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:08 am

BTW, Glencairn, hope you don't mind, but I named a cricket team after you in "Nessie on the Rampage." I was casting about for a name, and yours came to mind immediately. What in the world is "black pudding?" I have remember "bangers and mash," and "toad-in-the-hole" (my sister refused to eat them thinking they were toads), but not familiar with black pudding.

Also, here in Texas if one orders "tea," one will get a large glass full of ice and chilled tea. In order to obtain proper tea, one must specify "hot," and not infrequently, several times in a row. Also, a "napkin" will get you something to put in your lap, not the other thing.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”