Great Central in and around Leicester

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
luckymucklebackit

Re: Great Central in and around Leicester

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:03 am

Great photo - looks like an interesting layout to operate. I have always ben fascinated by the Great Central, very individual railway.

Keep up the good work

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

burnie

Postby burnie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Thanks Jim, I was lucky enough to grow up close to this part of the line, hence me modelling it and from a modelling point of view, a great line to run as there was such a variety of trains and locos pulling them. I am working in the period 1955 to 1965, so this will allow all sorts of modelers licence with more than a tad of realism attached. GWR, Midland and LNER all running together made for a colourful day out train spotting.

Chops

Postby Chops » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:53 am

The best for last, I have now peered at every layout posted on this thread, currently. I must say your wild life photography skills really come in to play here. You capture essences in a most engaging manner, if I may say. That last photo of the train, appearing to be mounting the grade, really did it for me, as well.
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”