A Pre-made baseboard in Ireland (help?)

Discussion of model railway baseboard design and construction
Alexander Court

Re: A Pre-made baseboard in Ireland (help?)

Postby Alexander Court » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm

A door isn't wide enough for the trackmat layout :( i compared the trackmat to the size of our doors and i'm not sure about carrying a door from town to the top of the building i live in on the top floor :L I would rather try and get a baseboard with a proper frame and legs, I would say that would last longer especially if i have to move again in future due to living in rented accomodation, though I hope to be in this flat for a while after the job of getting moved in :P

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

ie 201

Postby ie 201 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 am

:roll: :roll:

AlanBrady

Postby AlanBrady » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:58 pm

To be honest if you're on a budget, then I think a pre-made board is out of the question. You're going to have to jump into the deep end I'm afraid, but people here will help. I will certainly try. What size is the Trakmat, 6x4?. I PM'd you another place you might try posting on. I know there are a couple of folks down that general direction that might have more info on the club.

Alan.

whynot

Postby whynot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:01 pm

+ 1 to what Alan says. With a 9mm ply top and 2" x 1" softwood frame, at English prices maybe 15-20 quid - plus a few screws!
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

Return to “Baseboard Design and Construction”