Farish 4F problem

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
stmartins

Farish 4F problem

Postby stmartins » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 am

I am posting this in hope it may assist with a difficult to solve problem. Farish 4 F would run a treat on straight track as soon as it came to a curve it would jolt and stop & start. Stripped it all out and found one of the feed wires from the loco to the tender has broken underneath so replaced it thinking this would solve it. Still the same, replaced the decoder , still the same. Stripped it all out put it on my test track then I could hear the "click" on the controller indicating a short. Tested the loco disconnected from the tender , no problem , reconnected the tender and a short. looked everywhere on the wiring could not see a problem. Put a meter on the wheels and a short. took all the tender wheels off and the last one tested shorted out. Checked the back to back & spot on took the wheels apart filed down the axle a minute bit and reassembled with the wheel gauge and perfect. Never experienced this before so thought i worth passing on as it could have saved me hours of checking

michaelasc

Re: Farish 4F problem

Postby michaelasc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:03 am

Thank you, I will bear this in mind
This is not my circus and these are not my monkeys!

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”