Revolution Trains delivers UK's first RTR crowdfunded model

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Ben A

Revolution Trains delivers UK's first RTR crowdfunded model

Postby Ben A » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello all,

Revolution Trains, the company set up to use crowd-funding principles to supply model railway enthusiasts, primarily in N-gauge, with niche models that are not viable for mainstream manufacturers have this week delivered their first model - the 100 tonne TEA fuel tanker - to customers.

In doing so they have also completed the first crowdfunded project for the UK model railway market.

These models were made by Rapido Trains of Canada after N Gauge enthusiasts stepped up and put their money into the project to make it happen.

In return, each backer received their models at virtually trade price, with the guarantee that no more will be produced for at least two years.

So far, reaction to the models has been very encouraging and the tankers are also to be offered in 00.

Revolution Trains are still working on the Class 390 Pendolino crowd-funded model, and later this week will be proposing a new model. More details can be found on the website.

Cheers

Ben A.

LukeB

Re: Revolution Trains delivers UK's first RTR crowdfunded mo

Postby LukeB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

Ben, this is great news. Really looking forward to what you come up with next.

hairyhandedfool

Postby hairyhandedfool » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:49 am

Not had a chance to run my rake of TEAs yet, but they look fabulous. I really have got to get a layout sorted.....
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

hiffano

Postby hiffano » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:41 pm

yes, yes you do....
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”