N gauge N2

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
hiffano

N gauge N2

Postby hiffano » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 pm

N'gauge in steam intend to commission the GNR N2 class locomotive for the N gauge market.
This locomotive was designed by Sir Nigel Gresley and entered service in 1920. It is a 0-6-2t and was operated by the GNR, LNER and British Railways. They were designed for suburban passenger services, and could be seen operating out of London Kings cross, as well as Glasgow and Edinburgh. N'gauge in Steam intend to produce this locomotive in 5 liveries dependent upon interest. Only one locomotive of this class survived into preservation, and is owned by the Gresley Society and based at the Grand Central Railway. This locomotive is currently painted in GNR Green, and carries the running number 1744.
Specification:
Fully detailed body
DCC 6 pin decoder ready
All wheel drive
All wheel pickup
NEM couplings

Livery Options:
NR green, no 1744 as preserved at the GNR.
LNER green.
LNER lined black.
LNER plain black
BR lined black.

Pricing: (anticipated)
DCC Ready - £85*
DCC Fitted - £105*
*Prices may be subject to change as the project moves forward, this will always be communicated to you.
We intend making a donation per locomotive sold, towards maintenance and upkeep of the N2.

or further information, please keep an eye on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ngaugeinsteam/# , we will shortly open up an “expression of interest” page.
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

LukeB

Re: N gauge N2

Postby LukeB » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:43 am

That's exciting, and not wildly priced. I like the Gresley tanks a lot, I'd definitely be tempted.

hiffano

Postby hiffano » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:28 am

I spent as lot of time massaging figures to try and get a competitive price.
as such we need quite a large run to get the price comparable with say, a Dapol M7, but hopefully it can do it :-)

jaym481

Postby jaym481 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:39 am

I'm certainly interested!

Grahame

Postby Grahame » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:19 pm

It'd be worth sending a press release with full details, high res photos and a contact web address and email to the N Gauge Society Journal.

G.

hiffano

Postby hiffano » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks G,
will do as soon as i'm happy with the plans.
weekend threw an unexpected (but totally fixable) issue at me

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”