West Wales Wagon Works

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
michaelasc

West Wales Wagon Works

Postby michaelasc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:06 am

With the imminent demise of the West Wales Wagon Works due to the very sad death of its founder, Michael Martin, in November 2015, I was wondering if anybody knows the exact numbers of the N Gauge wagons that he created. I am a collector but now with there being no more and with the website being taken down in May I think I will have a rather difficult time locating them.

Michael
This is not my circus and these are not my monkeys!

b308

Re: West Wales Wagon Works

Postby b308 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:45 am

Michael, I'd ask for this to be moved, his stuff wasn't Narrow Gauge despite it being in Wales!! There's a list of what he did on the website, though I doubt you'd be able to get a full list of how many he actually did without asking them direct and only then if he kept records.

michaelasc

Postby michaelasc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:39 pm

b308 wrote:Michael, I'd ask for this to be moved, his stuff wasn't Narrow Gauge despite it being in Wales!! There's a list of what he did on the website, though I doubt you'd be able to get a full list of how many he actually did without asking them direct and only then if he kept records.

Sorry about that. Would a moderator please move this into the N Gauge area please
This is not my circus and these are not my monkeys!

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Topic moved as requested.
John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

SimonMartin

Postby SimonMartin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:21 pm

I am Michael Martin's son and wanted to clarify this thread.

My father did indeed do 50 N-gauge special edition wagons over the years (along with many OO-gauge and several O-gauge editions).

On behalf of my mother, I am selling the remaining stock from a) his business and b) his collection from the last 40+ years. A lot of it has gone through eBay (where most stock of this nature ends up, I guess) but if anyone is interested, do let me know. N-gauge seems to be a lot more popular than the others, so most of what remains is indeed OO-gauge.

I know that some members (like michaelasc) have been in touch but now that the website has closed (and if anyone is interested), I can provide a PDF of all wagons he produced.

Kind regards,

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”