Peco Collett

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
michaelasc

Peco Collett

Postby michaelasc » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Is it true that Peco are about to re-release their N gauge Collett class loco? I ask because I noticed on the Hattons website that they are taking orders for a GWR one.

Michael
This is not my circus and these are not my monkeys!

ParkeNd

Re: Peco Collett

Postby ParkeNd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I don't know - but I have ordered one and Hattons have acknowledged the order. If it ever turns up I will let you know - mind you i have had a GWR railcar on pre-order for two years. :D

http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000407/1000589/1000640/0/Peco_Products_N_Gauge_Steam_locos/prodlist.aspx?showPreowned=false&pageid=1

Grahame

Postby Grahame » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:39 am

Interesting.

I was under the impression that Peco had effectively given up on producing RTR locomotives in N gauge. But it would be good to see them still making the effort.

G.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:02 am

I suspect its a mistake on the eHattons website? The other liveried versions are not shown and I cannot find any mention of resuming production anywhere . . . :?:

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:18 am

PinkNosedPenguin wrote:I suspect its a mistake on the eHattons website? The other liveried versions are not shown and I cannot find any mention of resuming production anywhere . . . :?:

A fair point. I will phone Hattons this morning and ask them. More later.

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:06 am

ParkeNd wrote:
PinkNosedPenguin wrote:I suspect its a mistake on the eHattons website? The other liveried versions are not shown and I cannot find any mention of resuming production anywhere . . . :?:

A fair point. I will phone Hattons this morning and ask them. More later.

Update info. It's Sunday so resource at Hattons is of a skeleton nature. But the man who answered the phone says they have an order on Peco for 18 pieces - that there is an order query on the item - and they will phone Peco tomorrow and then advise me.

So it sounds like a mistake - but hoping for the best. It would be nice if it turned out like the Jaguar XK-E lightweight where they are building the 10 or so chassis no's originally in the plans but never built at the time. Then everyone who has one of the originals can refer to the new ones as "replicas".

More news as soon as I have it.

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Grahame wrote:Interesting.

I was under the impression that Peco had effectively given up on producing RTR locomotives in N gauge. But it would be good to see them still making the effort.

G.

Agree, but surely if they were going to reintroduce it they would have learnt from the original release and make them availble without a decoder and preferably with a revised tender accurately reflecting those fitted to the class; a ROD type for example if they still need a high tender.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Sounds to me like an error in Liverpool. I would have thought that it would have featured quite heavily in Railway Modeller by now if there was the intention to bring it back. There seem to be no "Chinese walls" in Beer.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Update.

Hattons didn't contact me today so I rang them. Apparently Dapol were going to start making this loco but they have backed out - no new ones will be produced after all. Hattons will remove the Pre-order offer, cancel all the customer pre-orders, and email affected customers.

So PNP remains in possession of a priceless classic - not to be repeated.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks for the update ParkeNd :)

ParkeNd wrote:So PNP remains in possession of a priceless classic - not to be repeated.
Yes. me and some other lucky people 8)

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:45 pm

PinkNosedPenguin wrote:Thanks for the update ParkeNd :)

ParkeNd wrote:So PNP remains in possession of a priceless classic - not to be repeated.
Yes. me and some other lucky people 8)

So - great day today? Early home.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 pm

ParkeNd wrote:So - great day today? Early home.

Start tomorrow - been to see Star Wars today :lol:

michaelasc

Postby michaelasc » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:03 pm

ParkeNd wrote:Update.

Hattons didn't contact me today so I rang them. Apparently Dapol were going to start making this loco but they have backed out - no new ones will be produced after all. Hattons will remove the Pre-order offer, cancel all the customer pre-orders, and email affected customers.

What a shame, thought for a while that we might just be getting a re-release of one of the best models ever produced. Thanks for the update
This is not my circus and these are not my monkeys!

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:25 pm

michaelasc wrote:
ParkeNd wrote:Update.

What a shame, thought for a while that we might just be getting a re-release of one of the best models ever produced. Thanks for the update

Strangely the pre-order invitation is still there after 24 hours and my order hasn't been cancelled. I am going to leave it there and see what happens.

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”