What Era are concrete sleepers?!

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Sc0tty

What Era are concrete sleepers?!

Postby Sc0tty » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello again,

(subject of this thread should read "what ERA are concrete sleepers"!)
Having decided to scrap my 00 scale project due to space constraints, I am firmly thinking of building a N scale layout and seeing as I was born in the early 70s, I fancy modelling a late 70s/early 80s freight railway and will be buying DCC ready locos. I do like the look of the peco code 55 track with the concrete sleepers, but would this be era correct, or does it not really matter? ( I would have to weather the track as it looks too clean for my liking ! )

I am also hoping to run class 37, class 50 and class 66 locos, with of course a little shunter :)

I have purchase the latest edition of the peco N scale trackplan book and initially, my plan will be to decide on board size, then determine a layout, and then go from there.

Many thanks

whynot

Re: What Era are concrete sleepers?!

Postby whynot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Buried in this lengthy piece on "track", it says from late 1930s onwards for main line.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gansg/2-track/02track1.htm
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

Sc0tty

Postby Sc0tty » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Many thanks whynot.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi Scotty. I fixed your title, you should be able to change the thread name as it appears in the forum, and on any new posts by editing your first post. Let me know if you don't see the edit button when revisiting one of your own posts.
John W
aka Bufferstop.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Sc0tty

Postby Sc0tty » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Many thanks John. I do see the edit function, but did not know I could amend the thread title !

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”