What era please

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Tankie

What era please

Postby Tankie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi dear readers, - I have (being chipped in a shop now) an N gauge GRAHAM-FARISH-370-125-BR-ROYAL-MAIL-CLASS-47-LOCO-47734-CREWE-DIESEL-DEPOT train and TPO rig. I cannot find out on the web what time period it covers. Could anyone please give me a clue, as I would like to buy a dcc controlled shunter, to also run but have no clue what so ever on what period to buy. Much thanks

Terrier

Re: What era please

Postby Terrier » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:00 pm

some one will know for sure, but you're looking at mid to late 1990's there.

Hope this helps

Chris P

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:02 pm

The loco worked in that form between 1996 and 2004, so look for photographs of shunters between these dates

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Whatever date it is, onwards from the '50s an 08 shunter will never be out of place!
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 am

Date range is one piece, location is another. You are in the sectorisation to privatisation livery range, so its a shunter with a livery from a BR sector or TOC that operated in your area of interest . Realistically as already mentioned an 08, and many of these went on a long time in their sector liveries after the TOC's that were now operating them had been set up.

Tankie

Postby Tankie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Jim, Bigmet, Flying Scotsman and Chris P. Thank you for your help - Now just need to find a small train which has headlights (we can wish LOL).

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”