Graham Farish Warship; help needed

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Rustyrail

Graham Farish Warship; help needed

Postby Rustyrail » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:42 am

I'm trying to take a Farish Warship apart to reduce the gap between the bogies and the body, plus modify the wheels, but the exploded diagram isn't clear. I've got the body off but how do you remove the diecast chassis from the outer plastic fairing and drop the bogies out? I presume you need to start by unscrewing the circuit board on top first and then unclipping the diecast chassis? Has anyone attempted this modification?

Thanks
Simon

ParkeNd

Re: Graham Farish Warship; help needed

Postby ParkeNd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:44 am

I have the latest Farish Magpie and the bogies pull off.

Rustyrail

Postby Rustyrail » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:45 am

Ah; How do you do this? Just pull them downwards without removing the body and chassis?

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 am

You need to avoid squashing a bogie component right in the middle of the sub frame - but yes - pull straight down. First time you do it needs a bit of courage.

Rustyrail

Postby Rustyrail » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks ParkeND. I just did that and they do just pull off quite easily; it saves a whole load of mucking about! How did you discover that, out of interest?

Cheers
Simon

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:53 am

You're never going to believe this - I asked on a model railway forum too after one of the guys said he always put a tiny spot of lube direct on the worm gear of all new diesels before running in. I now do the same unless the instructions say "don't".

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”