Union Mills

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Terrier

Union Mills

Postby Terrier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to purchase a Union mills R-T-R Southern 700 Class, or rather my misses wants to get me one for christmas, i have suggested etc etc. i have had a fairly good search through tinterweb and other than an address and phone number for them where they make them on the Isle of Man, and a write up about some of the locos on sites like the N gauge Society and Southern Railway examples on another website, i simply can't find out how to go about buyig one of their delightful locomotives, i'm also considering a 0-8-0 perhaps early on next year. Apologies if this has been covered beforehand here in the N gauge section, but please, if anyone knows how to go about buying a Union Mills loco, can you furnish with 'how' :)

regards

Chris P

locoworks

Re: Union Mills

Postby locoworks » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 pm

phone up and order over the phone, 'simples' as the meerkats say.

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Cheers chap! i'd forgotten with all this internet media malarky that some top level stuff works like always was before. I'll give them a ring. Nice one. :wink:

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:44 am

Dont know if you have seen this... http://www.semgonline.com/model/um700rev.html

Did you know they also do a T9?

Zunnan

Postby Zunnan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

When I've ordered from Colin I've always phoned first to check what he has available. From that point on I've never waited more than 3 days for anything to arrive, and that includes when sending an order confirmation note and payment (Postal Order) to him via post. I find that emailing him with an order takes longer than the good old GPO, you can't guarantee that your email will actually reach him thanks to spam filters. Sometimes the old ways work the best :wink:

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Cheers chaps, Chief, it's all your fault! i will be getting a maunsell green greyhound for christmas now! Really nice guy i spoke to, and a reasonable price to, with only a couple of quid p'n'p. :D

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Ooo... Nice one!

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Ordered on thursday, delivered on friday! :shock: :D i got to test it, before having to return it to it's box and hand back to my lady. I am unbelievably impressed with the product, the service and if things go well, my future wife! for those who know me on facebook, keep schtoom about that last bit please chaps. :wink: :D

greyhound.JPG
greyhound.JPG (30.99 KiB) Viewed 2102 times

wobblybob

Postby wobblybob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Ooooh. That looks very nice - and tempting!

Return to “N Gauge Model Railway”